1st Trimester

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    Yeah, I would just use it as an excuse to not go over there. ;-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageHesterlicious:
    Their house their rules. If it bothers you quit going over there.

Unless you live with them.... this.

If they want to see you, and hopefully your H would stick with this also, then they'll do something about it.

I think it's really gross when people smoke in their home anyway. Even as a former smoker, I never ever EVER smoked in my home, with or without kids. My ex boyfriend's family smoked in their house, and when I was helping them move and we removed pictures from the wall, you could literally see the nicotine stains on the wall. Where the picture was, it would be white. All around it was yellow. ::shudders:: 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Gross

I have the same problem with my in-laws and we simply do not go to their house except on rare occasions. We don't live close, so it's not like I deal with this all the time, but it is an ongoing issue. 

Even if they smoke outside for the time that you are there it's still not healthy for you or a baby (or anyone really) to spend large amounts of time in that house. The nicotine gets into everything and you are still breathing that in. Every.single.time we leave the in-laws house, DD gets sick and congested for days afterward. 

I would stop going over and tell them why. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am an ex smoker and my mom still smokes and she wouldn't of dared even go outside have a cigarette then come back in to hold her new granddaughter. My parents live 9 hrs away over seas, she came here to help and literally quit the 3 weeks she was here thats how serious it was to me. 

I wouldn't be going over there... man I wish my in-laws would do this! lol

No seriously i'm sorry, they should respect you enough to just not smoke around you, but it is their house so I just wouldn't go...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedaylights1:

If they are smoking and won't stop then you should stop going.  Eventually, they will ask why and you can tell them.  Then they can make a choice. 

The smell of cigarette smoke makes me want to vomit.

This exactly.  

Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"