Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

(Untitled)

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    DD2 has had just the blisters twice now.  First time we happened to be at the doctor and she said if it was HFM, it was a very mild case.  Blisters lasted about a week each time and DD never really seemed to be bothered.  The second time she got a few spots around/in her mouth and still didn't seem to mind. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was lead to believe that the fever comes first. My DS got it this past week and it also started out looking like diaper rash then a day or 2 later, his hands blistered along with a few spots on his feet, legs, and abdomen. We're 4 days out from the blisters showing up and everything is healing or healed. From my understanding, as long as they don't get it bad in the mouth and throat it doesn't bother them much. My DS had one blister on the side of his tongue but I only knew it was there from brushing his teeth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Fortunately I don't have any experience with HFM...yet. But its going around DD's daycare so I'm hoping she can dodge the bullet. Hope your LO feels better!

• Options

Mine have had it twice also. 1st time they did have a mild fever that we chalked up to random bug and then just a handful of blisters a couple days later, was going around DC. 2nd time they only had the blisters. Neither time was especially bad & they didn't really seem that uncomfortable. I think maybe DD had decreased appetite for a day or two?

My case (the first go around) was worse than theirs by far but still really not bad & I thankfully didn't have any mouth sores. I know a parent who got it something vicious in the mouth & throat once though.

A couple things- hot (or anywhere near hot) water really hurt my hands & feet so I'd give lukewarm baths & watch out for LO looking uncomfortable. Also a lot of ppl don't realize it peels in those areas usually within a couple weeks. I think the peeling is like the blisters- if they're small & not bad, the peeling is minor, if they're worse, it is worse.

GL! Hope it passes through quickly & easily at your house.

• Options
    DD1 had the fever first. Just to mention the blisters in LOs diaper area took an age to heal because of the moisture. They did eventually, although a couple of them have left a bit of scarring.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

Our experience sounds exactly like the OPs, except we never got the fever, at least that I noticed.  I didn't even believe the doctor.  I thought it was just a weird diaper rash that somehow spread.  The rash took a long time to go away, it seems, but she didn't seem to affected by it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"