January 2013 Moms
Options

Poll: A Momma's Intuition

I know not everyone has found out the sex of their LO's yet. However, I'm curious as to how many of us had an intuition that was actually correct. So, cast your vote ladies. Feel free to elaborate below! :)

[Poll]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Poll: A Momma's Intuition

• Options
    I was right with DD and I was right this time with both of these LO's. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Options

First and foremost, can I just tell you guys how I never believed in this stuff and most certainly never expected to have "that feeling?!"

However, I want to say around my 10th week or so, I slowly began feeling like this LO was a girl. Within a couple weeks, I had completely convinced myself that she was most certainly a girl. I referred to her as a girl, I used feminine pronouns in reference to her in my blog and journal, the whole nine yards. To the point that I would have felt really bad had it turned out to be a boy.

The more I thought about it though, I just KNEW it was a girl. The old wives tales mostly said girl. My dreams were of baby girls. The thought of having a boy (while we would have been equally as excited) just didn't feel right.

Sure enough, we are definitely having a little girl! 

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need a "SS" option. My first instinct was girl.  Over time I became convinced I was carrying a boy, lying low, all boy dreams, and craving salty/savory (I realize they are just old wive's tales but still... mainly the dreams convinced me I was having a boy).  On Tuesday we found out LO is almost certainly a girl.  She was being stubborn so we barely got a good shot between her legs so they are confirming for me at my next appointment.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    I never had a "feeling" either way but early on I did have two dreams he was a boy and I was right.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    I said I wanted a boy when we first found out we were pregnant [just because I thought a boy would be easier & I have a nephew so I thought I'd feel more prepared] but then around 16 weeks I just "knew" it was a girl & we're definitely having an Eloise!
  • Options
    From day one I thought it was a boy. I had one dream with a baby and it was a girl, so maybe the next little one will be a girl. We're planning on adopting so we'll have more of a choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had days where I was CERTAIN it was a boy... then a couple days later I just KNEW it was a girl.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I was right last time and this time. If you had asked me before I'd have said that I thought it was probably about 50/50, but I had such a strong feeling each time...
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    About a week after my BFP I just got this feeling it was a boy and I was right! Though many of my family were convinced it was a girl because of the OWT with the HR. His is always 160 and above. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had a lot of problems with bleeding scares and a drop in betas. I told W from the start that it had to be a boy, only his son would scare the crap out of me already. And I was right. Like a PP said though, the OWT had me wondering if I was wrong and almost convinced me it was a girl.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Not with this one. This pregnancy is so different, I really thought it was a girl. I knew with my first, though, from very early on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I won't know until LO is born. ;) I've been feeling boy, so we'll see.

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I knew girl from the get go. My dad told me after we told them that he had a feeling from the start that I was having a girl.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    According to every gender predictor and old wives tale, I was having a boy but I didnt believe it, at all. I just felt like it was a girl and I was right. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    WRONG! I was convinced it was a boy, but we are having a girl! I was totally shocked.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Never existed with either of my pregnancies!
  • Options

When i got my BFP with DD i just knew it was a girl. girl dreams by the bunches ect. funny thing is for me, im the opposit of almost every wives tale. I carried her SUPER low, the chinise chart was wrong lol. almost every other test i did was wrong. the only two things that were "right" was the craving sweets and my skin going crazy on my face.

this time around the only thing different is the ammount of M/s im having. everything else is the same lol. Even got sick with in a few days of when i did last time XD that's prolly just ironic mor than anything but still.

I have had dreams that this LO is a girl. alittle opposit of DD, darker hair, darker eyes, and of course just as beautiful! we'll see if im right in 11 days for this one!

I said, "Oh my, what a marvelous tune" It was the best night, never would forget how we moved. The whole place was dressed to the nines, And we were dancing, dancing Like we're made of starlight Like we're made of starlight. ~TS AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Definitely wrong. I was convinced in was a boy, calling baby a he, etc, but turns out its a girl. I'm just as thrilled either way I honestly didn't care, as long as healthy. I'm just so happy to be having our LO come into our lives, that's all that matters. But I think DH constantly telling me it was a boy got in my head.
  • Options

I was right both times, but my "intuition" was much more strong this time around. 

Interestingly enough it was MH last time who was SURE it was a boy, although I agreed.  This time I was the one who was sure and he agreed, but didn't have as strong a feeling as last time!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I was totally wrong. I thought for sure it was a girl. I just knew it in my bones. Found out on Thursday that it is a boy!

I was right with my first pregnancy but this one totally threw me for a loop. I asked the U/S tech to check a few times and we have one photo where there is NO doubt it's a boy!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I always thought it was a girl; was calling it by our girl's name in my head, and I was totally wrong.  It's a Calvin!

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• Options

With Ds, I was convinced it was a girl until my Mil said she was hoping for a girl. Then it hit me- it was a boy!! 

This time I knew it was a boy before I even got my Bfp. I was convinced! Wrong :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

imageYellow415:
    According to every gender predictor and old wives tale, I was having a boy but I didnt believe it, at all. I just felt like it was a girl and I was right. 

This for me too!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have to say, I have no intuition.  I didn't have any with DS either.  DH, on the other hand, knew that DS was a boy from the very beginning.  This time around he's convinced it's a girl.  We'll find out on Tuesday if he's right for the 2nd time!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    On June 15th, I posted on my FB group that this baby is a girl and her name is Sophia. So far...baby is a girl. If I can convince DH...her name will. E Sophia.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"