October 2012 Moms
Options

Chiropractic care?

I did a brief search and found that a lot of bumpies do use chiropractic care, but I figured I would see what your experiences have been..

I have never been before, and it kind of freaks me out, but after dealing with an old injury, I finally made an appointment. My midwives suggested someone who is really experienced in treating pregnant women.  I am having killer neck pain that is radiating down my arms and also killer hip pain.

Tell me how wonderful your chiropractor is and give me hope as to how much better I will feel.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chiropractic care?

• Options
    ive had chiro with both of my pregnancies, and its been amazing... im also a massage therapist, so i get regular pre-natal massages.. i think they're great too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Seeing a chiropractor has made this pregnancy 4 billion times better and more comfortable than my last one. Sooo worth it
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers -- Lilypie Second Birthday tickers -- Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks guys.. .I called my MW earlier and asked them about Icy Hot... and DH just put it all over my neck. It is amazing 

• Options
    I tried being pregnant w/o a Chiro for #1 and will never do it again. I don't think I'd make it through my pregnancy without one. I started going every 5 weeks, and slowly increased to every other week as my pregnancy progressed. So worth it!
  • Options
    I saw mine twice in the first tri and again today. That's all I've really needed. I was skeptical at first too but I was in so much pain. It is like one of the greatest feelings ever.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have been seeing a chiropractor since 13 weeks, I fell and was having horrible sciatic nerve pain and numbing down my leg. He fixed that pretty quickly. I go about every 2 weeks and had him "fix" several problems, including still having all day nausea at 16 weeks, heartburn, constipation and then later diarrhea, migraines and also hip pain.

My chiroprator uses the Gonstead technique.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I have been going once per week for a couple months now and love it. i wasn't really having unusual pain, just wanted to keep everything in line to avoid pain and help position the baby.  Mine focus primarily on pregnant women and also do massages.  So happy I have been going.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had HORRIBLE back pain early on in pregnancy. Debilitating even. I went to the acupuncturist multiple time (and that was a huge waste of money and time) - didn't help at all. I also went to a chiropractor who was recommended by my OBGYN and they are amazing. I go every 2 weeks now and it has helped tremendously. In the beginning I had to go every day for 6 days, then everyother day, then weekly, and now every 2 weeks. I swear by them! Good luck!
  • Options
    I had already been seeing a chiro for ongoing back pain, and have just maintained a once a month session with him throughout the pregnancy.  I was so worried that my body would change and my back would start hurting again, but I'm happy to say that I've had no back pain at all. 
    Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've seen my chiro at least once a week since 11w, though it's usually 23x/week. I started going to help with migraines, so that started at 3x/wk. eventually it went to 2x/wk, then once a week. I was supposed to only go once a month after that but my back and side flared up so I never got down to once a month and have been holding strong at 2x/wk. at this point I figure I will see him at least once a week for the remainder of the pregnancy. Might as well. My back and side aren't perfect but are far more tolerable.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had never been before a few weeks ago. It kind of freaked me out, and to be totally honest, I was afraid they'd squeeze me or crack me and I'd fart really loud. So far that hasn't happened, thank God! But in all seriousness, I LOVE my chiropractor! I refer to him as my boyfriend, if that tells you anything. lol. It took a few weeks to start actually feeling a difference, so don't be surprised if you don't feel better immediately. I almost quit going after my second visit, but I'm so glad I didn't. I was suffering from terrible sciatica, but now after 4 or 5 visits, it's still there but so much more manageable.
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"