February 2012 Moms
Options

The Jumperoo pass out

You know when sometimes your LO needs a nap, but instead of going to sleep, they try and fight up so they can stay up and play?  And you know how they just tend to get fussier instead of sleepier most of the time and getting them to nap is even harder?

Well, a couple weeks ago, Ben was being all fussy and was intent on not napping.  So, I put him in the Jumperoo so he could play.  He jumped happily for about 5 minutes and then he fell asleep mid-jump.  I scooped him up and put him down for his nap.  I have tried it a couple other times when he just refuses to nap and bam!  He passes right out!  I'm probably not going to get any mother of the year awards for this, but it is amazing how well it works!

Spill!  What are you secret tricks to getting your LO to nap when the normal methods just aren't working? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

Re: The Jumperoo pass out

• Options
    I put her in the carseat and drive around town for twenty minutes or so. She's usually asleep before we get to the end of our street, but that extra time means she'll stay asleep when we get home!
    Our little bug is getting so big! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ha! That's awesome. I wish we had a jumperoo...

It's not a guarantee, but sometimes Sophie will pass out if I stick her in the mei tai and wear her while I do dishes - I think the sound of the water acts like the sound machine in her crib.

And I do know about baby fighting sleep so she can play - that has happened every single nap, every single day since she was a month old. :-/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The stroller does it for us. He'll watch the scenery for a few blocks, and then he's out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have no tricks. :[ Nothing works. Sometimes I put her in the jumper and let her scream for two minutes because then she realizes going to sleep isn't such a horrible idea after all.. But I still have to rock and nurse her for thirty minutes no matter what.. Usually longer.
  • Options
    No secrets but she does have this little routine she started. I lay her in the crib awake on her tummy. She then breaks her neck to see the ceiling fan. I walk to the door to walk out  and switch the fan on and she watches the fan start just for a second then she lays her head down and goes to sleep. It's like the fan is the signal to go to sleep. It's cute and very easy ( I got lucky).
  • Options
    The Boba usually does the trick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bouncing on the yoga ball does it for us. Give it 10-15min and she's out!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lurker here - but I used to take DS into the bathroom and get him to nap in his RnP when he was younger.  The bathroom is little and doesn't have any windows so it was pitch black.  And I would turn on the exhaust fan, which is really loud. After just a few minutes, he'd pass right out so I set up the video monitor and would shut the door and DS would nap for quite a while in there.  But I felt like mother of the year with my baby, in essence, sleeping next to the toilet.  But it was the only way I could get him to nap during the day.  Desperate times.......

Married July 21, 2007

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Charlotte usually always falls asleep when I vacuum. Her stroller works too. But when she's ready for sleep, she'll pass out after feeding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The Ergo puts her to sleep, but she hates it, so she screams until she falls asleep.  Not the best way, but in a pinch.  We also use the stroller to elongate naps if she wakes up too early and can't fall back asleep.  Nothing as fun and as exciting as the Jumperoo!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"