September 2012 Moms
Options

Shower shoes ??

I see everyone's hospital bag list includes flip flops or something for the shower. Are the showers really that gross ? Don't they disinfect them ? I know, this probably sounds stupid, but I figured a hospital shower would be cleaner than showering at a hotel ??

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Shower shoes ??

• Options

I just skeeve bathrooms in general so it makes me feel better. Plus then I don't have to step onto the bathroom floor barefoot after my shower (although I guess I could always put one of their towels down). I guess it's just something I've done since college and a habit I've formed.

But yes, the bathrooms are very clean and disinfected well...or at least I would hope so. 

• Options
    I work in a hospital and while they are cleaned and disinfected, I would never EVER walk around that place barefoot.
    Bring shower shoes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking flip flops for showering and/or walking the halls. I have ON ones that are super cheap, and when we come home I can either Clorox wipe them or toss them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wear flipflops in the shower at hotels too. I would think it would be clean at a hospital, but I really would hate to get a fungus or something...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Options

Well, I figure women have a lot of PP bleeding in the shower, although maybe not, I'm an FTM, so I don't know. I'm a germaphobe as well, so maybe I will pack my Victoria Secret flip flops for the shower. Although I am less than graceful in wet flip flops :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, I don't want to be jerking around in slippery flip flops with an incision on my abdomen.  All of mine suction to the bottom of wet surfaces. I just wash my feet really good before I get out and step on a towel when I get out of the shower, and then put socks on before I walk off the towel.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    Yuck! I forgot mine. I would recommend a cheap pair of rubber ones. The showers at my hospital were clean, but still pretty gross. As I stood there, barefoot & bleeding all I could think about was how many other people had stood there before me...barefoot & bleeding. YUCK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"