Preemies
Options

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    My twins couldn't have more different pooping schedules.  One poops constantly, like before a feeding and after, the other poops like once a week and that's with some help.  Initially I had done the thermometer and vaseline trick but my ped said that she didn't want him dependent on stimulation.  So we give him an ounce of water each day to help loosen him up.  Although, he hates drinking just the water, so we don't always remember to do it every day.  It's definitely been a big help, but he still hasn't really gotten more regular than twice a week.  Both boys are on neosure and BM.  Most feedings they get 2 oz of BM and 1 oz of Neosure.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Became a Mrs. on 4/29/06 and a Mommy on 12/5/08

image image image
  • Options
    My girls have the same problem but they are on rice cereal too. It waxes and wains how bad it is but if it's beenore them 3 days I'll give them a glycerin suppository. Doc said its non addictive and not to concerned about it. I give them mylicon in their night time bottle which helps throughout the night. I'd definetly hold the juice wtf is your doc thinking
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCurlingRocks:
    p>I also wanted to say how awesome I think it is that you are getting enough for a full bottle of BM each day!  That is so great for your LO, and I'm sure he is grateful for all your efforts!Smile

Thank you. You know how many people say "Oh wow, if I got as little of amount of BM as you, I would have quit a long time ago!"  Even the LC at the hospital said just try to do it while he was in the NICU and maybe quit when he goes home. Truthfully, if he wasn't a preemie I probably would have quit, but I want to give him any little drop that I can!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"