January 2013 Moms
Options

Throwing up blood TMI

My husband is at work and I just finished eating dinner. I felt the urge to run to the bathroom and projectiled all over the bathroom wall and some into the toilet. I noticed the color looked different, so I flushed it and continued throwing up. There were dark red blood clots. I called the emergency line at my OB and I am waiting for my doctor to call me back. I haven't had issues with morning sickness/excessive vomiting so I am definitely cocnerned. Has this happened to anyone else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Throwing up blood TMI

• Options
    I haven't had that happen, but I hope everything is okay. Please let us know what the doctor says. 
  • Options
    Can you head to the ER? Call a friend or someone to come get you and take you to hospital. Be safe. Let us know you're okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenattn:
    I haven't had that happen, but I hope everything is okay. Please let us know what the doctor says. 

Same. T&P's your way, hope you are better soon! Keep us posted. 

imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Options

I would head to the ER if I were you, there's no reason not to take something like that very seriously. Hopefully it's nothing though & GL 

• Options
    Maybe it's not even pregnancy related? I'd go to the er right way.can someone go with you? I don't want to worry you I just don't mess with blood. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'd still obviously listen to your doctor, but I've had clots/red blood in my vomit during this pregnancy more than once and my CNM and MFM have not been concerned.

They say when you throw up forcefully or multiple times you can break blood vessels in your esophagus.  Real concern is over dark brown/black colored vomit, think coffee grounds - which is indicative of a serious problem.

I hope everything is ok, and you get the right level of medical attention - thoughts are with you! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelaurapacheco:

imagenattn:

Same. T&P's your way, hope you are better soon! Keep us posted. 

Ditto everything above. Let us know how you are.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imagerinascita:

I'd still obviously listen to your doctor, but I've had clots/red blood in my vomit during this pregnancy more than once and my CNM and MFM have not been concerned.

They say when you throw up forcefully or multiple times you can break blood vessels in your esophagus.  Real concern is over dark brown/black colored vomit, think coffee grounds - which is indicative of a serious problem.

I hope everything is ok, and you get the right level of medical attention - thoughts are with you! 

While this is true, it can also be a sign of an ulcer or another problem. Definitely worth getting checked out.  Sending t&p's your way!

BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hoping that everything turns out ok!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Really hope you and your LO are okay.  Let us know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    imagerinascita:

The bold. I work in an ER and most patient's with blood in their vomit is from this. However, I would say better safe than sorry especially being pregnant. Personally if I didn't hear from my doctor's after hour line soon I would see if I could find someone to take me to the ER. T&Ps to you, don't worry too much, just play it safe!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hope all is well. I've been checking on here all night waiting for an update and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Praying that is was nothing and you're just in bed asleep.
  • Options

I've only been sick once as well, it was pretty "violent" but there was no blood involved and I felt fine the next day.

I hope it's nothing serious and your doc gives you good news!  I hope that because there were blood clots and not fresh blood that it means wherever the blood came from it has stopped.  I used to get nose bleeds way up in my nose that never came out the nostrils but only went back down my throat so that could be a thought?  Sometimes I'd never even know I'd had them.  And the blood in my tummy would make me feel sick.

Anyways I don't want to give you false advice/hope... I hope everythings ok!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"