September 2012 Moms
Options

Do those using Evening Primrose Oli

I saw a post earlier today about how to use it. But no one spoke of it was really working. Do you find it is helping?

Re: Do those using Evening Primrose Oli

• Options
    Hasn't so far but I've only been using it for 2 weeks now I'm hoping that it just need some more time to take affect!  I'm also just barely 37 weeks, so maybe my body just wasn't ready!  I have a dr's appt on Tuesday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there are some signs of it working then!
  • Options
    Can't say for sure yet..I started at 35wks and at 35w5d I was 2cm but firm. I think the point of EPO is to soften the cervix, not dilate it necessarily. My next internal isn't until 37w5d. It can't hurt to try it is what I figured.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With #1 I wasn't really dilated at all when my water broke at 41.5 weeks. I only got to 3cm before my c-section due to breech presentation, so I "counted" as a first time birther this time.

This time I started using EPO orally at 36 weeks and vaginally at 38 weeks. 2 days before 39w I was 2cm, 50% effaced, and "soft and mushy." I think the EPO had something to do with it, though of course there is no way to really tell.

Now, once my water broke this time and labor began I dilated Very Slowly, but I think the point of EPO is the early stuff anyway.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!
  • Options

c/p from earlier post...

As far as it working, from the research I've done, it will not start softening your cervix. However, it will help it once the cervix has already started itself. Does that make sense? I went from a fingertip to 1 cm in a week so my MW told me to stop using it until today. Then at today's appt she told me to hold off until Monday because she will out of town until then. :) Apparently she saw a significant enough progress from using it that she actually asked me to stop taking it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Side note. I need to ask my Dr. this but I read somewhere it's also a blood thinner which can be dangerous when you are in labor and cause you to bleed excessively. Anyone else hear that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"