June 2012 Moms
Options

June Mommies

I just want you all to know that this whole FB issue and not bringing new ladies in, is not meant to be mean. I totally get that it comes off that way, but I promise, it doesn't mean that you are disliked or unwanted. The group has just been through way more than we thought possible. We thought we knew who some people were and turned out they were hiding very important info that should have been outed in the beginning. We were all hurt and disgusted. We are jaded now, because of it and it sucks. Believe me, I would love to invited everyone in, but we just need to get to know people a little better. I am so sorry if feeling were hurt, it was not our intention.

Re: June Mommies

• Options

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will say I don't think you personally are upsetting anyone. There were just a few people who posted in the 'joining FB' post who were super rude about it. I don't think it was necessary. And every once in a while people come over and say things like "I don't post here often because the FB group is so great". We get it, the FB is great and you're not taking new members. It's ok!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am not on FB or want to be, but isn't it just the same as being here? It is an online group so people need to proceed with caution...

It did sound clicky, but honestly it did not affect me. It just bothers me to see all this drama brought up here and people being excluded.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestepper1725:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will say I don't think you personally are upsetting anyone. There were just a few people who posted in the 'joining FB' post who were super rude about it. I don't think it was necessary. And every once in a while people come over and say things like "I don't post here often because the FB group is so great". We get it, the FB is great and you're not taking new members. It's ok!

Agreed!

• Options
    One more thing, I guess a lot(?) of people who are in the FB group just lurk here now without posting? Nothing wrong with that, it's a public message board. But I will say that you all are welcome to post! Please do! About baby stuff, not just A&A stuff : )
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I totally get that the original FB group has been through a lot and I understand why that group needs to be closed to new members for a while. I'm also glad a new group has started for those of us who didn't have time for FB or the need for the extra support during pregnancy, but do now that our babies are here. 

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not at all hurt that I can't be a part of the original FB group, but I am glad there's a new group I can join. Maybe when the dust settles, the two groups can combine?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageviolajack:

I totally get that the original FB group has been through a lot and I understand why that group needs to be closed to new members for a while. I'm also glad a new group has started for those of us who didn't have time for FB or the need for the extra support during pregnancy, but do now that our babies are here. 

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not at all hurt that I can't be a part of the original FB group, but I am glad there's a new group I can join. Maybe when the dust settles, the two groups can combine?

This.

I'm definitely not feeling offended, I just was interested in a Facebook group, and I knew others were, and I thought that making a new one was the easiest solution to the problem. That's part of the reason why I specifically said that anyone from the first group is welcome to join the second, as well.

And I would have no problem combining the two later, if everyone wants. I also would understand why it might make sense later to keep them separate, if they end up having different vibes. We can just play it by ear =) 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this Emily. I understand why your group is being cautious after all that happened.

I felt sorry for the poster who asked to join. I feel like that whole post just errupted into fb vs tb chaos.

I'm glad the ladies who wanted a fb group made one for themselves. Though I do hope you all continue to post here too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJessieCupcake:
    Thanks for posting this Emily. I understand why your group is being cautious after all that happened.

I felt sorry for the poster who asked to join. I feel like that whole post just errupted into fb vs tb chaos.

I'm glad the ladies who wanted a fb group made one for themselves. Though I do hope you all continue to post here too.

I definitely agree! Emily, it was nice of you to post this.
    I think starting a second fb page for those interested is a great idea.
    I totally hope the fb vs tb drama can stop now and we can all walk peacefully into the sunset!! I'd type a smiley face now with a colon and parenthesis but unfortunately, I can not due to the wonderful bump mobile!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagecaeraRose:
    imageviolajack:

This.

I'm definitely not feeling offended, I just was interested in a Facebook group, and I knew others were, and I thought that making a new one was the easiest solution to the problem. That's part of the reason why I specifically said that anyone from the first group is welcome to join the second, as well.

And I would have no problem combining the two later, if everyone wants. I also would understand why it might make sense later to keep them separate, if they end up having different vibes. We can just play it by ear =) 

Making a new group was a very good idea, I'm glad you did. Personally, I think it would be a great thing if the two groups combined eventually! A lot of you ladies seem really sweet, I'd love to get to know you, and I've found it's a lot easier to connect and grow close to people over facebook. That's the only reason I prefer fb to tb, though I do try to comment on threads here every now and then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageacbfreire:

I am not on FB or want to be, but isn't it just the same as being here? It is an online group so people need to proceed with caution...

It did sound clicky, but honestly it did not affect me. It just bothers me to see all this drama brought up here and people being excluded.

Yup...this! I am not part of FB nor do I want to be...For me, I think you can make your own rules and that doesn't bother me. The drama that spills over on to the board was annoying and childish.

• Options
    Will it ever end?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSamiantha101:
    Will it ever end?
    Um, it was just an apology my dear. But thanks for adding your 2 cents
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"