November 2012 Moms

I don't want to be a butthead, but...

can someone please explain to me why I am noticing more and more users on here not capitalizing? I understand grammatical errors, such as spelling and punctuation, but surely everyone knows that the beginning of each sentence deserves a capital letter, as well as proper nouns, etc....

Did I miss a memo? Did the mobile bump app take away capitalization? Is it popular now? Or just a lot easier than hitting the shift key?

I swear I used to not notice it, and now it's being done a lot lately. What gives?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I don't want to be a butthead, but...

• ur totes not cool if u capitalize yo...

Ok, that was pretty hard to type lol 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i don't know what ur talking about i have never seen nething like this before what do you mean ps your a big meanie head

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hahaha, love this! I am a grammar freak. Although, on Wednesday, I posted something from my mobile phone and it did not allow me to add "&" and for some reason messed up some capitalization. Very odd...Maybe it's the pregnancy brain in some people? GeekedWink
    Isabella Sophia Tudorica - November 24, 2012
  • Some of us are just lazy and are use to typing in Word or Outlook that auto-capitalize things for us these days. Other's might be bumping from an ipad or iphone and I know when I'm bumping from my ipad it's hard enough to type on the thing without having to hit that stupid up arrrow :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetechg0ddess:
    Some of us are just lazy and are use to typing in Word or Outlook that auto-capitalize things for us these days. Other's might be bumping from an ipad or iphone and I know when I'm bumping from my ipad it's hard enough to type on the thing without having to hit that stupid up arrrow :)

Goooooood poinnnntttt.... I hadn't thought of that! But yes, I do remember being in school and getting spoiled on those programs. Humph. Oh well...

• I am always posting from my phone. I try my best but its haaaard! Also, none of the symbols appear, so I'm missing those too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCurlyQ284:
    I am always posting from my phone. I try my best but its haaaard! Also, none of the symbols appear, so I'm missing those too.

Ditto!
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • Improper grammar annoys me. I am an editorial assistant/ writer. So I feel ya'! Which brings me to this...is the word "can" at the beginning of the post supposed to be capitalized or not, because even though it is a continuation of the title of the post, it is also the beginning of a new paragraph? I find the irony funny Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image143BabyCakes:
    Improper grammar annoys me. I am an editorial assistant/ writer. So I feel ya'! Which brings me to this...is the word "can" at the beginning of the post supposed to be capitalized or not, because even though it is a continuation of the title of the post, it is also the beginning of a new paragraph? I find the irony funny Wink

Good question. I guess I really don't know, but I can give you my thinking behind it: Ellipses can be used to show a pause in the flow of a sentence, so I have always used them with a long post title to make everyone aware that there is more to the title... so with that thinking, it shouldn't be the beginning of a new paragraph. However, I should follow through with that, and after my initial "first sentence", I should go ahead and make everything else that follows start in a new paragraph. Confused

Ahhhh... screw it, let's just all not capitalize and then I won't feel guilty about *this* problem.

• imagerachael_c26:

image143BabyCakes:
    Improper grammar annoys me. I am an editorial assistant/ writer. So I feel ya'! Which brings me to this...is the word "can" at the beginning of the post supposed to be capitalized or not, because even though it is a continuation of the title of the post, it is also the beginning of a new paragraph? I find the irony funny Wink

Good question. I guess I really don't know, but I can give you my thinking behind it: Ellipses can be used to show a pause in the flow of a sentence, so I have always used them with a long post title to make everyone aware that there is more to the title... so with that thinking, it shouldn't be the beginning of a new paragraph. However, I should follow through with that, and after my initial "first sentence", I should go ahead and make everything else that follows start in a new paragraph. Confused

Ahhhh... screw it, let's just all not capitalize and then I won't feel guilty about *this* problem.

This. hahaha :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"