Pregnant after 35

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    With my son, I was 34 and it took 2 cycles.  With my daughter, I was 36 (but turned 37 the day after my BFP) and it took one cycle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1cycle after I had my IUD removed.
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby 1 at 37 took a handful of cycles. I never charted or paid too much attention. Ah.... to be blissfully unaware and quite naive, I might add.

Baby 2 was two to three cycles and we used a cbefm.

Good luck!!!

Edited to change 23 cycles to "two to three cycles"! Sorry , hope I didn't freak you out. I highly recommend the cbefm! Again gl!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have PCOS, so after trying for almost a year on our own (no charting or anything - just went off BCP), I lost a bunch of weight and my OB started me right on Clomid.  Got pregnant the 3rd cycle with the extra assistance of an HCG trigger.  Lost that pregnancy at 9 weeks.  Took 3 months off, then got pregnant again on the 5th cycle (right before we were about to try IUI).  And that's where I am now - 5 weeks to go!  I'm 37, but got pregnant at 36.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy it took 10 months but that ended in a mc. I was 36.  We got pregnant with my son just one cycle later.  This time around it took 14 months to get pregnant.  I was 38 when we started and am 39 now.  After not getting pregnant for the first 6 months we tried a few months with clomid and then moved on to 3 cycles of IUI and finally resorted to IVF.  I got pregnant on my first round of IVF.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I had my 1st, I was 38 and it took 1 month after I had my IUD removed. With my 2nd, at age 42, it took maybe 6 or 7 months after coming off BC? But, we weren't trying very hard or charting/temping or anything. Finally, I got wise and at least checked out one of the online ovulation-calculator thingies which gave us a vague idea. That's what worked for us anyway. If I had done that sooner, we probably would have gotten pregnant quicker. Everybody's different though.
  • Options

8 cycles with DD when I was 35, but that included 1 miscarriage.  Also, I got the CBEFM and once I got that, it only took 2 cycles per pregnancy (both miscarried and successful).

With this new LO, it was our 3rd cycle trying with the CBEFM.  I highly recommend the CBEFM!  Good luck!

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Options

BFP#1 - got pg at age 37 on cycle 3.  Delivered healthy 9lb boy at 40w4d.

BPF#2 - got pg at age 40 on cycle 2.  Ended in missed m/c at 11w.

BPF#2 - got pg at age 40 on cycle 3.  EDD is Nov 30th.

all 3 were natural pg's with no assistance.  PG #2 and #3 we did chart (temps/CM)  and were busy at least EOD during our fertile window.  Also, if it matters, DH is 10 years younger and has some great swimmers.

• Options

What is CBEFM?

• Options
    First pregnancy at 33 we weren't trying I was off the pill and after a few months I was pregnant. This time at age 36 I was more aware of my cycle and it took maybe 3 or 4 months. To be honest though there were months we tried more than others and with both pregnancies I conceived on those months when we only tried once that month go figure...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"