April 2011 Moms

XP - blankets instead?

when did you start using a blanket in their crib if you were using a sleepsack?

DS is outgrowing his sleepsack and for no other reason other than convenience of it staying on so nicely we were still using them. i'm not against blankets at this age but it was sure nice that i knew he was covered up all night and naps.

but i thought i'd try this week with a blanket and so far so good - he falls asleep no problem and obviously doesn't care about having the sleep sack but he wakes up either on top of the blanket or it's on the other side of his crib...

just wondering if he'll get the concept of the blanket being there for warmth eventually or do i just keep dressing him warm enough to live without it?

he's a very active sleeper apparently...moves around that crib like crazy - i'd actually love to have a camera in there to watch it in fast speed one night!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP - blankets instead?

• LO used one around her first birthday when it was cooler in the evenings - haven't had to pull it out in a long time as it's been unusually warm in our area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS loves his blanket, but it's more of a toy than a blanket. He likes to curl up with it to fall asleep but never keeps it on long.
  • Loading the player...
  • We stopped using the sleep slack in the spring because it was warm enough.  He's had a blanket in his crib for a few months now, but he doesn't really use it as a blanket.  Mostly he bunches it up underneath him and cuddles on top of it. He is a VERY active sleeper so I don't know when he'll actually keep a blanket on top of him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For the longest time, Nora's crib was empty. Recently, I started putting a stuffed animal or 2 and a blanket in there, but she always throws them out onto the floor before she'll go to sleep lol. I guess she likes her empty crib.

She hasn't been in any kind of sleep sack since she was just a few months old. In the winter, I put her in fleece PJs with a onesie and socks underneath, and she was perfectly comfortable (as far as I could tell.) :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• My 4 year old still kicks off his blankets. He can pull them back onto himself if he gets cold, at least...DD kicks hers off too. I just try to put her in pajamas that are slightly warmer than I would if she would keep a blanket on and guess she'll wake me up if she's cold. 
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • thanks ladies - makes me feel better. 

i'm sure he's fine...DH is whining that DS will be cold cause his hands are cool in the mornings but he's wearing full pj's so i'm sure he's fine!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"