Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

progesterone blood level

My OBGYN ran this lab on me at my initial visit with him to discuss our difficulty TTC.

The secretary called to say it was normal and I ovulated.  WTH does this mean?  Is this just saying I ovulated this month or I do always? I'm confused.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: progesterone blood level

• Options

imageSweetC80:
    Assuming your P4 was drawn on or around 7DPO it will tell you what you did that cycle. Each cycle is its own monster, so what you do one month will not tell you what you did the previous month or the month after.

This exactly... it only tells you for that month if you ovulated.  It can be  normal for women to have an occasional month where they do not. It has to be drawn around 7DPO to be accurate.  A great way to see if you are ovulating without getting blood work done every month is by temping.

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    ok. Confused.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageiloveu4ever:
    ok. Confused.

About what?

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"