February 2013 Moms
Options

Pregnancy brain hilarity

Thought I'd share my ridiculous moment:

2 nights ago I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies. They came out SUPER flat and sad. I couldn't figure out what went wrong! At 4am in my half-asleepness, I realized that I had only had out the 1/2 measuring cup rather than the 1 cup. I had paid attention to that fact for everything EXCEPT the flour. So when it called for 2 cups, I put in 2 1/2 cups...equalling of course only 1 cup. These were seriously the saddest cookies ever!!

What's your funny prego brain story?!  

I tend to attempt the cookies again today. Hoping for a better result! 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pregnancy brain hilarity

• Options
    imageDC2London:

LOL that's a good one!

Mine is extra special dumb.  Really pathetic.

DH and I were flipping through the Pottery Barn Kids catalog planning Jack's nursery when I was pg with him.  There were all these cute little bins on each page labelled with kids' names.  On one page I saw a bin labelled "Games" and I said, "Oh come on, people.  James with a 'g'?  Now you've taken the bad name spellings too far."

My H said, "Um...sweetie....that says 'games."

Babies eat brains. 

hahahaha that is awesome!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

LOL that's a good one!

DH and I were flipping through the Pottery Barn Kids catalog planning Jack's nursery when I was pg with him.  There were all these cute little bins on each page labelled with kids' names.  On one page I saw a bin labelled "Games" and I said, "Oh come on, people.  James with a 'g'?  Now you've taken the bad name spellings too far."

Babies eat brains. 

Just in reading "games"in association with pbk, my brain thought "James with a G" for a second before i read on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

LOL that's a good one!

Babies eat brains. 

Thats pretty awesome! Hahaha 

• Options
    I took the ground beef out for dinner to thaw. Instead of taking it out and putting it in the refridgerator to thaw.. I put it back in the freezer. and for the life of me I could not find the thawed ground beef when it came time to start dinner. LOL.

• Options

imageOrganic Magnolia:
    I took the ground beef out for dinner to thaw. Instead of taking it out and putting it in the refridgerator to thaw.. I put it back in the freezer. and for the life of me I could not find the thawed ground beef when it came time to start dinner. LOL.

Haha. Nice! It's so bizarre what happens to our poor brains! 

• Options
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one losing my brain cells...I was at work (work at Starbucks) and left work only to realize I didn't have my phone.  Went back and couldn't find it!  Finally something made me look in the fridge where we keep our personal food, and yup my phone was in the fridge!!! Wow, can't say I've ever done that before.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also put odd things in the fridge. Yesterday it was firelighters (the ones to start a campfire.) - really?!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
  • Options
    Ha! Love the fridge stories :)
  • Options

I would say mine is more of a clumsiness pregnancy issue... I spilled water all over my home laptop AND my work laptop in the same day!  My home computer was fine.  Can't say the same about work computer... hence, the new one I'm typing on now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"