July 2012 Moms
Options

ear piercing

Re: ear piercing

• Options
    I've always been of the mindset that we'll pierce DD's ears when she asks for it. I can barely handle her shots, and those are necessary! I can't put her through pain for cosmetic reasons. Maybe I'd feel differently if it was a part of my family's culture.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We're waiting until DDs are at least 10 and want them done.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not piercing them as an infant/child.  When she asks for them pierced we'll work out what we think is appropriate (around 10-12yo ish).
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've decided if she wants the holes in her body than she should be the one to get them done and feel the pain from it! Lol sounds bad when I put it in writing like that. We just think it should be up to her to decide if she has extra holes for cosmetic reasons.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageeafogel:
    I've always been of the mindset that we'll pierce DD's ears when she asks for it. I can barely handle her shots, and those are necessary! I can't put her through pain for cosmetic reasons. Maybe I'd feel differently if it was a part of my family's culture.

I agree completely, and that's all I'll say because this is one of those parenting debates that really burns me up.

• Options
    Probably will get them done fairly young. Mine were pierced at 14 months. I've always liked having mine pierced, but I understand and respect people's reasons for wanting to wait.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a DS, but if I have a DD someday I will wait until it's a special gift...I got mine done when I was 10 and old enough to take care of the piercings (cleaning them with saline, etc) and it was a special birthday gift for hitting the "double digits"!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagePandril19:
    Not piercing them as an infant/child.nbsp; When she asks for them pierced we'll work out what we think is appropriate around 1012yo ish.

This, both my mother and I had really bad infections when we got our ears pierced so I want her to be at the point she can care for them.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    With DD, I should have done it at like 6-8 weeks (because they heal so much easier and they dont pull on them), but hubby said no way. So now we are just waiting until she says she wants them.
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Absolutely not until she asks for them. Body modification of any kind should be a personal choice in my opinion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"