October 2011 Moms
Options

Code Buttercream: Need Quick Invite Advice

I'm making invites inspired by the ones below. Do I need a special envelope like a bubble or padded style to mail them and protect the candle, or do you think they'll be ok in a regular envelope?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Code Buttercream: Need Quick Invite Advice

• Options

I doubt they will survive the postal machine that processes mail if they are in a regular envelope.  I see crushed candles in your future. 

You will likely need padded envelopes.  Keep in mind that this will also likely require additional postage.

My recommendation is to take a sample to the post office and ask them.

• Options
    Also, you could ask to have them "hand processed" which is going to be extra money (maybe $.05 per envelope) but then you could use regular envelopes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pretty sure you can use regular envelopes but you need to go to the post office to have them tell you how much for postage since they obviously can't go through the machine.

My wedding invites fit into regular envelopes but since they had ribbons tied around the middle they couldn't go through the machine and postage was a little more for each envelope but it wasn't a big deal really.

• Options

I would actually bring the invite in and have them tell you. 

The post office people are always nice to me and tell me the best and cheapest route to go.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    Oh... and make sure you check the item's dimensions...  Square items cost more.
  • Options
    Ok thanks. I ordered some padded envelopes to be safe and I'll take the to post office so I can be sure about the postage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"