Baby Showers

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    imagerhubarb123:
    imagejociejones:
    imagepersephonerose:

This type of shower sounds pretty complicated.  However, it is up to the host to make everyone feel at ease, not the MTB. You are the guest of honor and if you want to allow the GTB to host the shower then you should let her worry about how to organize it.

Ditto. I would definitely decline this shower, but if you want to go ahead with it, let gtb be in charge and you just go with the flow.

One other thing I can't help but mention is that even if people send you gifts in the mail, you should still send them thank you notes, not just call to say thanks. You can call too if you like to express your appreciation like that, but a handwritten note just shows more effort!

Definitely agree with both of these pps.  Especially the last paragraph.

See above. 

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    You can try it. Connection errors and such may make it more of a pain. You may consider using a digital camcorder. That way you can make some DVDs and send them?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My cousin lives in New Zealand and we threw her a Skype Shower.  Honestly we were super worried it wouldn't go over well and her internet would drop, but we had her online for 8 hours and everyone just hung out and chatted with her. We had all her presents shipped to her and I mailed her the games we were going to play so she can participate. 

I know that everyone that came said it was an interesting party but ended up being a lot of fun. We had a cake and little snacks here and her DH made her brunch so she could eat with us. I would consider it if you can work out the logistics with your family.  It, for us, worked great. 

Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/