Single Parents
Options

I'm trying to make an effort.

I've called BD 6 times since the baby was born with no answer and no show.. How many times should I try and contact him before I just stop...

I've marked the days and times and documented them. 

Re: I'm trying to make an effort.

• Options

Have you left messages? Was he involved in anything before LO was born, did he indicate he wanted to be involved?

Without having any knowledge of the situation I'd say you tried plenty of times. If you left messages or he knows LO has made her appearance, and he still hasn't contacted you then let it go. If he wants to be involved he will, if not then he won't. 6 times over 3 weeks is plenty of chances and time for him to answer or call you back.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I would just leave it alone. He will call you when he wants to come around. Trust me i know all about how you feel. Just focus on your LO. If you keep calling it's only gonna stress you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He cheated on me during my pregnancy and got someone else pregnant, now has an underage girlfriend.. So I am pretty much just doing it for the babys sake. He says he wants to be involved and I let him see her once at the hospital because my parents do not like him. (he owes my dad a lot of money) and since then he either doesn't answer when I call or calls when we are busy or have company and gets mad that when he wants to see her he cant.. but when I call its always something as to why he cant come that day.. 

ETA: and I left messages all 6 times.  I am also staying with my parents.

• Options

imagetshorter11:
    I would just leave it alone. He will call you when he wants to come around. Trust me i know all about how you feel. Just focus on your LO. If you keep calling it's only gonna stress you.

THIS. I too would leave it alone. If hes not going to answer you then hes playing a game and wants you to get worked up, he likes the attention. Don't even give him the credit for it. I gained custody of all 3 of my kids and I did the same thing, once I had custody I dropped the non-communication order, well he thought that me calling him to talk to his kids was really me wanting just to keep in touch with him. PFFT ya ok buddy. Seriously if he wants to be involved then he will make the effort, at least you can say you tried. That baby will still be loved either way :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebeccaga16:
    imageShelbehhRawrr:

He cheated on me during my pregnancy and got someone else pregnant, now has an underage girlfriend.. So I am pretty much just doing it for the babys sake. He says he wants to be involved and I let him see her once at the hospital because my parents do not like him. (he owes my dad a lot of money) and since then he either doesn't answer when I call or calls when we are busy or have company and gets mad that when he wants to see her he cant.. but when I call its always something as to why he cant come that day.. 

ETA: and I left messages all 6 times.  I am also staying with my parents.

How underage is this GF?

I wouldn't really want to make any effort towards a man sleeping with a underage girl.

Even if that wasn't the situation you do not need to make any more phone calls or make contact any more. The ball is in his court.

I agree.  The way you wrote it says an older man is having sex with an  underage girl.  There are laws against that for a reason and it should be reported.  He came to the hospital to see his child and hasn't done anything to contact you since the birth.  It seems like you are in the clear.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"