Multiples
Options

Daycare is not going so well

The girls started daycare Aug 1 and since that time I have been home with sick children for a total of 6 work days.  They have had on and off low grade fevers, diarrhea, runny noses, coughing, and now they are both throwing up.  We're headed to the Dr today for the second time in two weeks.

Please tell me this will get better? I'm really wondering if we made a terrible mistake.  On top of it all I am insanely busy at work, my boss is over being understanding and I'm working every second I'm not holding a baby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare is not going so well

• Options
    kegkeg member
    Sorry, but it's pretty standard.  My girls were sick quite a bit, particularly when they were younger (they are 3.5 now).  Thankfully, they seem to gravitate towards the runny nose/cough with no apparent fever so they are still okay for daycare.  It does get much better as they get older.  While I know it's hard to see and deal with them sick, I just consider that's one more virus they won't have to deal with when they hit school. Good luck and hope they feel better soon!  
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    It will get better!  We started my first (a singleton) in daycare in October.  Between December and early February, I don't think I worked a full week between the stomach flu (both DD and me), ear infections and colds.  But, since then we have only been out for the very routine/everyone is getting it sort of thing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I shouldn't have opened this post :/

I know it's inevitable at some point, but I was hoping to delay it a little.

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

It will get better. I still send the boys with coughs & runny noses because all of the other kids also have the same thing. They get kicked out for fevers and vomiting.  

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks - it helps to hear it will get better.  Just back from the Dr and both girls have double ear infections on top of everything else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"