TTC After a Loss
Options

So frustrated with my hCG!

On 7/18 an U/S revealed an 8w2d embryo where an 11w2d one should have been, and no heartbeat. I had a D&C 2 days later. Now, 1m10d later, I still haven't gotten my period. And they've been monitoring my hCG levels. I'm needle-phobic, so on top of the frustration of waiting, is the torture of having to get poked every week that stupid number isn't low enough. The reduction has become a slow, agonizing crawl:

1. 66
  2. 33
  3. 21
  4. 15
  5. 12

I've tried hydrating and exercise in a vain attempt to speed things up. I'm just so SO frustrated! After my last draw, I told my husband I didn't think I could do another one. It's absolute torture just knowing I have to do it again in a week. And the way things are going, it's going to be a long time before it ends.

Re: So frustrated with my hCG!

• Options
      I'm sorry things are moving so slowly for you hon. I am just over 7 weeks post D&C and still waiting on AF too, although my Dr didn't follow my numbers all the way down as yours has. I totally understand not wanting to have to keep going in for more b/w, especially since you don't like needles. Hang in there! (((hugs)))

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
      Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
      Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
      AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
      TTA until January 2014
      Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
      PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
      I am so sorry that things are moving so slowly and you keep having to get stuck with needles! With my D&C, the dr didn't monitor my levels post loss, but with my first loss (natural m/c) he did. I hate needles, too, so I feel your pain. (((hugs)))
      TTC:Off BCP December 2011. BFP #1 January 16, 2012; EDD September 12, 2012; m/c Feb,1 2012. BFP #2 June 6, 2012; EDD February 11, 2013; diagnosed with blighted ovum/had D&C July 12,2012. BFP #3 October 20, 2012; EDD June 29, 2013. BabyFruit Ticker Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    • Loading the player...
    • Options
      Have they done an ultrasound to rule out retained tissue?
      **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
      BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
      BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
      BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
      January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "