Blended Families

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    imagenallsl:
    xmarywhatever. ..sd doesn't even want a two thousand dollar birthday bash, nbsp;she told me it was her moms nbsp;idea and she doesn't care. nbsp;we pay more because the divorce nbsp;decree never changed as we nbsp;made more money. we are honest people and as we get a raise, so does she. nbsp;my point is that we provide money to helpcover nbsp;needs not wants. we do not to pay for facials, parties nbsp;and designer clothes unless we have nbsp;the nbsp;funds. . nbsp;you buy what you need with what you have. nbsp;you prioritze. nbsp;if you can't afford a two hundred dollar hair cut and color, nbsp;you live with nbsp;your natural hair color and buy effin nbsp;school nbsp;supplies nbsp;and the things nbsp;you need not want. . nbsp;you completely nbsp;missed my point nbsp;and sound just like a bitter ex yourselfnbsp;
    that's funny bc I am most certainly not an ex nor am I bitter. If anyone sounds bitter I believe that would be you. A 200 cut/color is excessive for a 15 yo, but at the same time maybe they figured they had enough to splurge bc her husband was contributing to the needs category. As for the party, I have a hard time believing your SD is all oh no I do not want a partyshe might be saying that bc she realizes you guys are pissed about. The end story here is you don't get a say in how BM spends her child support. At least she is spending it on her daughter, and honestly if this wasn't a BF situation she would be doing these things, and the needs would be covered as well. Perhaps she sees the CS as a way to give SD a fun, slightly spoiled life instead of being used on just the "needs". Not saying that is right or wrong, but in the end othe money is going to the child, which isn't the situation in a lot of BFs
  • Options

imagenallsl:
    So BM called yesterday and asked up for money to buy SD's schools supplies because Ex-Husband #2 lost his job. Ha! Um....last I remember, BM's ex-husband is NOT the father of SD, he is the father of SD's little sis, and we do pay so she should be fine. We already pay her double what the divorce decree says. I guess BM should have thought about the school supplies before taking SD out to get her hair colored and cut, her nails manied and pedied, and the $120 boots for school. Where are her priorities!!??!! I wonder if she'll be smart enough to cancel SD's huge sweet 16 bash to save money...probably not. She's rather be the "cool, fun" mom than actually provide what is needed, like school supplies or getting SD's half dozen warts taken care of. SMH

You would think getting warts removed would be something SD would care about... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"