Breastfeeding
Options

disappointed:

My supply has been very low lately and I have been doing everything I can to increase it but nothing seems to work. Every time I feed my lo after a few minutes he starts getting frustrated and pulls off. I never imagined breastfeeding not going well for us. I will continue to give DS as much as possible its just so frustrating. Every time I supplement it makes me upset! I really thought I would make it longer than 2 months. I wish there was something more I could do. Sorry, I just had to vent.

Re: disappointed:

• Options

Can you give us some more details so we can help you troubleshoot?  Supplementing is a slippery slope to supply problems - what made you start in the first place?  Do you pump when you supplement?  Are you just nursing or pumping also?  How frequently do you nurse (day and night)?  Have you taken measures to fix your supply?

Supply problems can often be addressed particularly at only 2 months.  The answer usually involves nursing more than you are currently to up the demand on your breasts! 

• Options
    imagencbelle:
    Can you give us some more details so we can help you troubleshoot? nbsp;Supplementing is a slippery slope to supply problems what made you start in the first place? nbsp;Do you pump when you supplement? nbsp;Are you just nursing or pumping also? nbsp;How frequently do you nurse day and night? nbsp;Have you taken measures to fix your supply?Supply problems can often be addressed particularly at only 2 months. nbsp;The answer usually involves nursing more than you are currently to up the demand on your breasts!nbsp;

I started because I work 9 hours a day and don't produce enough to send with him and I was never able to build a freezer stash. I pump every 2 hours while I'm at work and get about 8 ounces usually. When I'm home I always feed him first and pump after. He rarely makes it 3 hours from 1 feeding to the next, usually he eats every 2 hours. He usually only stays latched for about 5 min a side. I have to give him about 2 ounces of formula after that. I'm also taking fenugreek, blessed thistle, drinking tons of water, eating oatmeal daily, and power pumping for an hour every night. We do fine in the middle of the night because he doesn't seem to eat as much. He usually wakes up every 23 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"