August 2012 Moms
Options

The Moby: the impossible mission

I took my Moby out of the box a few days ago. My God, there is SO much fabric. I get it on, no problem, but can't figure out how the heck I'm supposed to squeeze DS in there. I follow the instructions and he just ends up screaming and half of his face is covered. I gave up and put it back in the box, but I want to use it...it wasn't cheap! Tips?
A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: The Moby: the impossible mission

• Options
    Youtube? I don't have one but a friend said youtube helped her out with the Moby immensely.
  • Options
    I practiced with a stuffed animal for a while.
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried, and tried to like it with DS. Once he got a little older I switched to the Ergo. It's just so much fabric, and I am too lazy to wrap it all around me Big Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    I agree with PP about YouTube. I watched tons of videos before trying it out with DS. It's also suggested to put baby in while he's sleeping at first if he fusses while awake. I had MH help me with positioning the first time too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also busted out the Moby last night. I went on you tube for help; there are videos made by the Moby company.

The jury is still out on whether Addy likes it...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Got a Moby but I've yet to try it. I've watched Youtube videos but when Chloe was born I tried breast feeding, I've now given up and I'm waiting for my milk to dry up. I feel bad putting her in a wrap against my rock hard boobs.. so we're gonna wait a few more days.
  • Options
    I second all the PPs about watching a youtube video.  I remember practicing over and over in front of a mirror (with the instruction manual) when DS1 was a baby before I would take the Moby out in public.  Now, it's super easy, and I can pop it on in just a few seconds--it really does get easier with practice!  Try wrapping it on yourself, then pulling the section that you're putting him into out first (to make it as loose as possible).  Then, once he's in there, pull the other sections around him into place.  It might be easier to start him in it while he's sleeping; you can get yourself adjusted, pop him in, and he'll probably sleep in there for a long time!  So far, both of my DSs have loooved being carried in the Moby as infants!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    We busted ours out on day of life 1 when we took Gabe to the pedi.  It really was super intimidating at first, but once I finally got it, I found it super easy :). I just kept practicing until I got it.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Watch the youtube tutorials and practice, practice, practice.  You will get the hang of it, and when you do you will likely start enjoying it Yes  GL!  

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"