Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleeping

Hi all... my baby is almost 6 weeks old and has always struggled with sleeping in her own bed.  For the first three or four weeks she would sleep for a few hours on her own in her bassinet next to our bed.  But suddenly, about two weeks ago, she was not able to sleep in her own bed for more than an hour.  The only way we can get her to sleep (and stay asleep) is if one of us holds her.  The only way we can get any sleep now is if one of us sleeps in the recliner with her and holds her.  This way she will sleep for about 4 to 5 hours a night (we got the OK from the doc to let her sleep as much as she wants since she is healthy and well above her birth weight).  This is the same for naps too.  We try to put her in her infant chair or bassinet, but she will only sleep for 30 minutes to an hour by herself before waking up.  If we continue to try and make her sleep on her own... she gets overtired and then REALLY cranky, I don't blame her.  I never intended to co-sleep with my baby and my husband and I do not want to continue sleeping separately any longer than we have to.  Has anyone been through this?  A few of my friends said it was just a phase, but I am wondering if there is something more to it.   And yes, we have tried swaddling... she wont tolerate having her arms confined.  She pulls them right out of the blanket as soon as we get her all wrapped up. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleeping

• Options
    Do you have swing? That helped me alot after lo falls asleep in the swing you just transfer to the crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yup.  We have a swing and a vibrating bouncer.  Neither keep her asleep.  She still wakes up 30 minutes to an hour later.

We wait to transfer her to any sleeping position until she is deep asleep in our arms, hoping that she will stay asleep for at least a few hours.  But NOPE. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!  We have not tried that yet,  I will try that tonight for sure.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    do you swaddle and put her in bed right away or swaddle and hold her till she falls asleep and then transfer to crib/ bassinet?
  • Options
    We have tried both.  She pulls her arms out every time and she just generally hates it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"