Baby Names
Options

CP: How often do you see your LO's name mentioned?

Do you see posts about your LO's name a lot?  Or not a lot?  Do you think you see the posts BECAUSE it's about your LO's name?[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CP: How often do you see your LO's name mentioned?

• Options

I voted never, but that was for posts asking about it. I have seen other posters mention his name once or twice when giving a list of suggestions, usually about Welsh names. 

ETA: That was for his first name, Gareth. I don't believe I have ever seen his middle name mentioned in the year or so I've been hanging out here, which is funny because it's not a weird or uncommon name at all (Brian).  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I see Oliver quite a bit on here. Much more than I like.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our names pop up once every few weeks or so. Not too often at all.

• Options
    Lily and Hayden are mentioned on here fairly often. Xander every once in a while. Jericho, next to never.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    They're suggested more than asked about. I voted "sometimes". I do believe that you notice more once you have the names picked out. I swear, I've never seen our names mentioned much until we agreed on them.
  • Options

I think I've seen Monica mentioned 2 or 3 times, tops. And I'm always excited to see it! It's such a great name and it keeps steadily dropping down the SSA list; I wish I saw/heard it more often.

Piper is somewhat frequent. It seems to be on a lot of lists.

Tallulah is rarely a name someone is seriously considering, but it gets a lot of attention in "guilty pleasure" posts.

Jane is a pretty commonly mentioned as a middle name option. 

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I never have seen my older ds's name Jarek mentioned. I see Cash a couple times a month and it usually gets bad feedback, but have my BGP on and it doesn't bother me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I see Rhys mentioned a good amount. I also see posts asking about it, especially when it comes to pronunciation. I love seeing it mentioned/asked about. It's a legit spelling that needs to become more common here in the States.
  • Options

I do not think I have seen anyone ask or mention Donovan, but I see our MN choice mentioned frequently (Alexander). 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't seen it mentioned, but there is a whole pronunciation aspect that you don't get on the internet.  I see Alaina/Alayna mentiond, and Alana (Uh-lawn-uh), but my DD's name is Alanna. It rhymes with Savannah (if that makes sense at all).
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Amalia comes up from time to time, usually when someone is looking for an alternative to Amelia or is worried that Molly is too juvenile and is looking for a "formal" alternative. There are two of us regulars with daughters named Amalia.

Her middle name is Pasqualina. I'm gonna go with never has come up, never will come up.

• Options
    Not often. I am kind of surprised when I do see it, but I kind of like it that way ;) 
  • Options
    I said sometimes. Probably once a week, sometimes more though there are times when I mention it frequently if there are lots of people asking for certain type of boy names.  In general I reply to/read girl posts more though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sometimes, but i only open girl posts most of the time to see if her name is mentioned lol

• Options
    I hardly ever see Elliott around here. Some, but not often. Makes me happy!
    Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket
  • Options

Vera is rarely mentioned in an original post but more as a suggestion. I see more posts about Margot/Margaux which is future DD's name. I don't think Rue is ever mentioned (Vera's mn) and I can't recall seeing Louise very often either. 

I'm always excited when I see my kid's names. My mom thinks our names are so out there, it's nice to have some reassurance! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Already thinking about baby #3
  • Options
    I saw Sabrina mentioned for the first time in the post about the 5 girls yesterday.  I see Corinne a lot recently.  Celeste here and there.  Noelle quite a bit.
  • Options

imageCranang:
    I saw Sabrina mentioned for the first time in the post about the 5 girls yesterday.  I see Corinne a lot recently.  Celeste here and there.  Noelle quite a bit.

I almost used Sabrina as one of my five! Your girls have such beautiful names. 

• Options
    imageObLaDi:

imageCranang:

I almost used Sabrina as one of my five! Your girls have such beautiful names. 

Awww, thanks!!  I really appreciate it...

• Options
    FinkFink member
    I said very rarely.  I don't think I've ever seen a post about Zane's name, but I have seen a few people suggest it when people are asking for different but not made up or crazy names. 
  • Options
    FinkFink member
    imagesmsalat:

Sometimes, and I don't like the negativity that comes around with her name on this board.  Alexis is a good name and it is NOT MADE UP and is NOT a BAD name!

Who on earth would say that Alexis is made up?  That's just silly. (And I agree, very nice name!)

• Options
    I very rarely see Danica mentioned.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options
    I see Olivia sometimes, mostly its people saying that they're sick of it and its SO common.  My Olivia is the only Olivia I know (aside from my friend's 5/6 year old niece, but I've never met her).  Popularity of the name didn't deter us, it's DH's favorite name and we love it :)
  • Options
    I feel like I see Betsy fairly often, but I probably only notice it because it's her name. 
  • Options

I see Margaret on here usually about once a week.  Her middle name, Louise, I rarely, if ever see.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    The only time I've ever seen Danica is among long lists of possibilities.  I've never seen Jaina but I have seen Jana.  I've also yet to see a Levi, except in that "article of most rising popular names" or whatever.
  • Options

I voted often.

I see his first name on here a ton but IRL I rarely see or hear it. His MN isn't one I see as often...maybe once every few months.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I see Elizabeth mentioned pretty frequently, but very rarely do I see "Betty" come up.
  • Options

imagethetheisens:
    I never have seen my older ds's name Jarek mentioned. I see Cash a couple times a month and it usually gets bad feedback, but have my BGP on and it doesn't bother me.

I just wanted to say, I love the name Cash!

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member

Rarely. Most people don't like the name (Malcolm) or the NN. That's fine, we love it, so we're not going to be swayed.

His middle name, George, I also see rarely. Usually, everyone says it's a family name, which it is also for us. 

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I voted "never" for DD.  Her name is my mom's maiden name, which is an uncommon Italian surname.  I've never seen it come up here and it would be creepy if it did.  (I do sometimes wonder what would happen if 1. we unintentionally started a trend because someone heard it and thought it sounded like a nice name or 2. someone on this board heard it and thought it was made up and said, "Hey, listen to this made-up name I heard today!")  Her middle name is Ruth, which I don't see that often, usually as a middle name.

DS is Lincoln, which has come up occasionally.  It seems to be trending upward, so no surprise there.  His middle name is my maiden name, which I occasionally see mentioned as a GP surname as first name.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I see Connor mentioned as a list of possibles when people list names and suggest names. But I don't really see people using it or asking about it really.  So I said sometimes.

• Options
    i said sometimes...but it's usually in a negative context...i'm cool with it though b/c we love her name & though some say it's "popular" or "trendy"...i've never met nor heard of another with her name IRL :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"