September 2012 Moms

1 day after Membrane Sweep, is this part of my bloody show/mucus plug or nothing?

I had a membrane sweep yesterday. i was 1cm dilated, 70% effaced with baby in -2 position. I started having some cramping and braxton hicks right away and they lasted all day and night. no real dischagre though or spotting till this morning. I have had light mild spots of brown mucusy discharge when i wipe. Does this count as my bloody show or my plug? it hasnt been huge amounts but there were a few little passes with my last couple BM. I have had a lot of pressure in my pelvic area and some more braxton hicks today but thats it. Does this count as anything happening?

I am absolutely losing my mind these days ladies. A baby board i belong to for september has seen babies come and go and i am the only one left who is due in single digits of September besides one other woman who is due the 9th (I am due the 2nd). I really hope i can have this baby before Wed. these are the longest days of my LIFE! 

Thank you for reading and contributing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 day after Membrane Sweep, is this part of my bloody show/mucus plug or nothing?

• That is an excellent question for your doctor.
  • I do not think the brown spotty discharge is part of your mucous plug.  I have brown spotty discharge every time I get a cervical check.

I lost my mucous plug early on (so early that they said it would regenerate) and it looked like a straight up nasty jelly fish.  It was such a HUGE amount... there's definitely no mistaking it.  If it is one of the nastiest things you have ever seen, then it is your mucous plug.

I disagree with PP - there's no need to call your OB to ask if they think it is your MP, because you don't need to call your OB when you lose your MP.  If you are concerned about the spotting, then call your OB.  My OB told me brown spotting is normal after cervical checks/membrane stripping.

Remember, you could still go another 2 weeks or so before LO arrives.  I can't imagine how miserable you are because I'm pretty far behind you and I am freaking miserable!  Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetinyhumantoe:

If it is one of the nastiest things you have ever seen, then it is your mucous plug.

hahahaha. Awesome. I'm gonna keep that in mind.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actually, your brown spotty show may be bloody show from losing mucous plug. I never really had the jellyfish that Tiny is referring to (maybe I did at the hospital, but they never mentioned it). I didn't see anything remotely mucousy until after my membrane sweep on my due date with DD. Within 8 hours of the sweep I was having spotting etc. and small bits that looked like a booger on my toilet paper. Within 24 hours of the spotting I was in active labor.

There's really no surefire way for you to know, but it's possible. I'd say give it a couple weeks and see if you go into labor. ;o)

• Yeah, I mean the reason i think my case might be more like yours is because its not just brown blood or paste, its mixed with mucus. Not an F ton but there are definitly some jelly patches in there. I didnt notice any at all all yesterday even though my appointment was in the afternoon. We shall see i guess.

I know i shouldn't grab at staws but thats all i have right now. I am still not due till sunday but the days feel so long already. And trust me i know two weeks is always a possibility but i just cant think about that right now. I think part of the reason i feel so crazy is because right now it just feels like it's gonna be a wait and since i am GD advocate for natural childbirth and not being induced I expect fully to be punished for it. I hope not though. I PRAY! Sorry i know i am so lucky. I am just getting a little bit anxious. Maybe i am just TOO READY.I WANT MY BABY!  

• imageWarriorcandy:

I had a membrane sweep yesterday. i was 1cm dilated, 70% effaced with baby in -2 position. I started having some cramping and braxton hicks right away and they lasted all day and night. no real dischagre though or spotting till this morning. I have had light mild spots of brown mucusy discharge when i wipe. Does this count as my bloody show or my plug? it hasnt been huge amounts but there were a few little passes with my last couple BM. I have had a lot of pressure in my pelvic area and some more braxton hicks today but thats it. Does this count as anything happening?

I am absolutely losing my mind these days ladies. A baby board i belong to for september has seen babies come and go and i am the only one left who is due in single digits of September besides one other woman who is due the 9th (I am due the 2nd). I really hope i can have this baby before Wed. these are the longest days of my LIFE! 

Thank you for reading and contributing.

There are still plenty of us on this board due the first week of September... my EDD is the 5th... We hear more from the ladies who have outside babies than those of us who are still biding our time... Hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"