September 2011 Moms
Options

Political Conventions/Voting...

My Grandma has the RNC on the news all the time right now, and it got me wondering. 

I am not really attached to either big party, and I guess my views fall near the center, so I always watch both conventions and don't make up my mind on who I will vote for until much closer to election time.

I know a lot of people identify strongly with one party or know who they will vote for a long time in advance.

So, do you watch the other party's convention, even if you are hardcore for the opposite one?  Do you wait til November to decide who you will vote for?  How do you decide- are you more interested in what the candidate says they will do when in office, or do you look more at how their character comes across.

(And I post this right after saying I hate discussing politics in another post :P ) 

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Political Conventions/Voting...

• Options

I don't pay attention to either of the conventions. I try to vote on the facts and get frustrated that it is so hard to find real information.

I am also fairly moderate and am frustrated with how polarized our politics have become. I hate how the most extreme candidates win the primaries and then try to merge toward the middle to get the swing votes. Just work together and get stuff done.

This is becoming a rant, but I also hate the focus on things that I feel shouldn't be the main issues. I feel like we should focus on the budget, taxes, and entitlement spending. Instead we spend time discussing what goes on in the bedroom. The only exception to this is I strongly believe in a woman's right to choose, but I don't really understand how this is a party issue.

I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative, so I feel kind of abandoned by both parties.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I don't really watch either one.  I'm so disgusted by politics right now.  I definitely lean one direction, and tend to vote that party, but I still un-registered as that party and re-registered as an independent, because I don't want the label.  Both parties are corrupt and I'm so over all of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"