December 2012 Moms
Options

When is your shower?

I have been really excited about the shower until I read something that said that it was more common to have it about a month before your due date. I'm due December 6th and the shower is October 21st... But the logic is that people usually try to save up for holiday shopping and I figured this will allow enough time in between! Now I'm worried that its going to be too soon. Either way, I guess the date is set. No one has mentioned anything about it being too early, but I'll only be around 33 weeks or so at the time. When are you December ladies having your shower in relation to your due date?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When is your shower?

• Options
    I'm due December 5th and the out of town (back home) shower is October 6th, and the in town shower is November 3rd.
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options

imageRissKay:
    I'm due December 5th and the out of town (back home) shower is October 6th, and the in town shower is November 3rd.

My shower is on October 6th too!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due Dec 10 and my shower is also on Oct 21.  I don't know how my mom and sister came about picking the date (probably just what worked for them), but I think it's perfect.  It will give us a little over a month to get all the baby stuff together and organized and pick up the things we still need.

• Options
    Mine's a little earlier than usual...I'm due Dec 23, but the shower is Sept 30th for a couple of reasons. A)DH and I work a haunted house and our weekends are tied all of Oct, B) My mom (who works nights) had the 30th off, and C) that's the date that worked best for the hostess

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I am due December 22nd and my shower is on October 14th. I did not like leaving buying everything I need up to the last minute so I felt this was a perfect compromise.
  • Options
    imagengarden01:

imageRissKay:

Mine is too :) 

I'm due Dec. 3. 

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

imageRissKay:

These are my exact dates for the exact reason but I am due December 17th.

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm having three....feel free to hate me.  LOL! 

I'm due December 19, and the showers are November 4, 11 and 18.  My first was originally scheduled for October 20.  I don't think yours is too early at all.  I'd like one next week.  I'm starting to nest really bad and I am not allowed to buy anything unitl after my showers. 

• Options
    I am due December 26th and my shower will either be the first or second weekend in November.
  • Options
    I'm due December 6th.  My out of town shower (where my family lives) is September 15th.  That's the only time I will be able to get home and I was told not having a shower is not an option:)  My in-town shower is October 20th.  I didn't want to be so big/uncomfortable or have to compete with the myriad of holiday get-togethers that seem to be happening earlier and earlier this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Due Dec.25th shower Oct 6th
  • Options
    Due Dec 29, Shower mid Nov
    BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • Options
    Thanks, I must have been totally over thinking this. 
  • Options
    Yay for all of the shower buddies!!! :D Yes, we wanted to avoid holidays and possibility of baby coming early. I mean, at least the odds that he'll come a month early are less, and if he were to, we could just move the in town to another day. :) 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options
    Shower is Oct 20th and I'm due Christmas. With the holidays on top of uncertainty of weather, plus a ton of busy schedules and me knowing that as the third trimester progresses the ability to put a smile on my face and waddle will REALLY decrease, it's what worked best. I wouldn't worry too much about it! :)
    imageimage BabyFetus Ticker Our Pregnancy Journey! -- http://when2bcomeone.blogspot.com/
  • Options

+1 for October 6th.  My MIL is having his side's shower Sept 29th (they live 2 hours away) and my aunt and mom are having a local one Oct. 6th. 

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    Due December 9 - showers on September 9 and 15.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Options
    Jac409, I am also due the 26 and my shower is Nov 3! 
  • Options
    Another October 6th here! My mom is throwing her shower that day. MIL will be throwing one between the 6th and Nov. 11th.
  • Options
    I don't think there's a hard and fast rule for how far out the shower should be held (but what do I know??) Mine is Oct 27 and I'm due Dec. 29. I guess we're all in a tricky spot because December is a bad month to plan anything?everyone is busy all month. Maybe other moms are having their showers closer to their due dates, but I think we'll all be showered in October or November. I'm hoping I'll look a little more pregnant in mine, but glad it's not so close to the due date that I have some time to set things up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am due December 6th and my shower is October 13th. Everyone has told me that they think that is a little late so it's weird to me that people think yours is too early.

• Options
    I am due December 22nd and my shower that my mom and sister are throwing me is October 7th.  We have a really busy October and November so I wanted it early.  My work shower will be closer to my due date and I have not heard if my IL's are planning on throwing me one.
  • Options
    I'm due 12/26 and my shower is 10/21. We thought about people saving for Christmas and stuff too. Also we are super busy with birthdays and events in october and november and that date was the only one that me and my SIL were available on the same day together without it being too close to Christmas.
  • Options
    Mine is September 15th (due the 21st of Decemeber) but that is also my birthday so it is a co-ed birthday party and shower. I am actually super excited. I haven't had a birthday party since I was a pre-teen! 
  • Options

I am due December 16th and my shower is October 20th. I am doing mine early because of the holidays and the fact that I do not want to travel much closer to my due date. I think with a December due date it is ok to have an earlier shower because of the holidays.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I am due the 27th of December. My shower is November 10th. I wanted it a little earlier than that, but it will work. Honestly it's better to have your shower between 2833 weeks. I had DDs at almost 35 weeks and I felt like hell.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edd 12/22, shower 9/15 - that is the date my hostesses picked out of sept or oct.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Mine is October 7th.  I didn't plan on having one since this is my 2nd, but my best friend and her husband are military and being stationed in Germany for 4 years, and she wanted to throw a small "shower."  Plus our mutual friend is going to be in town that weekend, so it will be nice to be together one last time before they all leave!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I will probably have mine in February, I didn`t want one before the baby was born. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC #2 Since October 2013. Annovulatory so not expecting much! Waited to finish breastfeeding before using Clomid again.  August 2014: Clomid round 3 (50 mg) and progesterone (100mg) - BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Due December 26th.

Shower October 27th.

• Options
    My shower is October 13 and I'm due December 29.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Mine is Sep. 29th. I will only be 28 weeks, but I have about 4 other friends who are also due in Dec. So with that, my oldest son's birthday in Oct., and Thanksgiving in Nov. my friends decided it would be better to have it a little early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I was around 26 weeks with #1 when I had my first shower, and maybe around 32 weeks for my second.  No one seemed to think it was too early.  No shower this baby.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am due December 4th and my shower is Sept. 29th.  We needed a date that was convienant and between weddings and other things, that worked.  I don't think you need to worry about it Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagengarden01:

imageRissKay:

Mine is October 6th too and my due date is Dec 5th! Awesome!! I'm so excited to start seeing baby stuff roll in since DH hasn't really let me go on a spending spree yet!!

• Options
    I am due December 31st, and most of my family is spread out across NYS and states near by. My shower will be October 6th. There is always the chance of a possible snow storm and being caught in it. My sister wanted to plan it at a time when most people would be able to make the trip without the weather affecting it too much. She has to travel 4 hours, I will be traveling 3 1/2 hours. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    My shower is October 27th, my due date is December 31st. 

• Options

No one will tell me when mine is :( It's so stressful... i just want to accumulate things!

I know they are planning one... my little sister is making invites and texted me a picture of the cutout she made, but that's all I know.  It's a fishy :)

I'm going crib shopping with my mom next weekend- she knows I'm freaking out a little with not feeling prepared! I love my mumma!

• Options

imageRissKay:

Shut the front door RissKay!! We are labor buddies and have the  SAME babyshower date.. ftw!?

• Options
    My due date is Dec 5th.. My shower is october 6th! I had it earlier because a friend of mine went into labor the morning of her shower at 36 weeks, sooo.... it scarred me! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"