Trouble TTC
Options

U/S results (Vent)

So I had my monitoring u/s apt yesterday.  The tech said she couldn't give me any info to call my dr.  So today I call the drs office, the nurse says the dr is away for two weeks.  She can't legally give me the results the dr has to.  I was like what in the world is the point of having that u/s??? Then she claimed she didn't know how to "read" the results.   I know they will be able to look back and see what the lining etc was like, but it does me little good.  Can anyone think of any way around this to get the results?  Anything to say to the nurse to get her to spill the details? As of right now, I guess I just call CD 1.  GRRRRR
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC since April 2010
Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
Aug 2011 dx MFI
Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
5 Rounds of Clomid
On waiting list for injects/IUI
P/SAIF Welcome

Re: U/S results (Vent)

• Options
    Yeah, only doctors are supposed to give results (I've had this problem with minor tests, too). Is there another doctor on call that could review them and give you results? It seems crazy they would just leave you for 2 weeks!

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options
    imagepantsarella:
    Yeah, only doctors are supposed to give results (I've had this problem with minor tests, too). Is there another doctor on call that could review them and give you results? It seems crazy they would just leave you for 2 weeks!
    That's a good idea! Thanks
    TTC since April 2010
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's so frustrating!!! Hope you can get ahold of someone else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Could you go into the office and ask for a copy of the report? They can't refuse to give you your health records. I'm not sure if they can hold the release of records until they have been reviewed by the doctor though. Hope you get some answers soon.

TTC#1 since 5/2011
    DX: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Myasthenia Gravis, Aplastic Anemia, one copy MTHFR DH SA: count 52% motility (slow progressive), 0% normal morph
    June-July 2012: Clomid cycles=BFNs
    August 2012: New RE, started Metformin, Letrozole 7.5mg+TI=BFN Sept. 2012: IUI#1: Letrozole 7.5mg=BFN
    Oct. 2012: IUI#2 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    Nov '12-March '13 on a break
    April 2013: IUI#3 Letrozole 7.5mg+Dexamethasone=BFN
    June 2013: IVF#1  Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix =BFN, 3 Frosties
    August 2013: FET#1=BFP 8/20/13,  EDD 4/30/13, MMC 10/1/13
    December 2013: IVF#2 Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix=?
     ~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~

imageimageimage

• Options

Say WHAT?  That's ridiculous!  At what point in your treatment was this monitoring? 

I assume you're doing TI then and not IUI?  Do you know if a doctor reviewed your results but just didn't tell you, or did no one look at it?

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imageKershnic:

Say WHAT?  That's ridiculous!  At what point in your treatment was this monitoring? 

I assume you're doing TI then and not IUI?  Do you know if a doctor reviewed your results but just didn't tell you, or did no one look at it?

Yes, ti. Day 14.  I have no idea if a Dr reviewed it, I am assuming no, since she was already on vacation when I had it done.  I just worry, what if I have 8 follicles or super thin lining.  @ beth the clinic is two hours away, they have hours from like 9-4. So I would have to take off work again, which I shouldn't. Ah well, tis life. 

TTC since April 2010
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    It sucks, but my guess is someone would have called you if you had 8 follies or something crazy like that. Even with a thin lining you wouldn't change anything about if or when you have sex. I'd complain when your doctor returns though.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"