TTC After a Loss
Options

Can we talk about CM for a minute? possibly tmi

First, this is my first month charting BBT and CM, so if this is a dumb question, sorry! I'm not noticing a lot of CM when I have checked but I have had an overall wet feeling all day. How would I chart that?

Re: Can we talk about CM for a minute? possibly tmi

• Options
    Just to make it more TMI - I think you gotta get a finger as far up there as you can and feel the consistency of what's inside, as close to your cervix as possible. At least, that's what I've been doing. Sorry for the imagery.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    If there's not enough cm to show up on tp (or your fingers if you're checking with those) then don't chart it or put dry. If there is, probably watery? I'm new at this too, but that's my best answer. Hope it was helpful.
    Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBootsOrHearts:
    Just to make it more TMI - I think you gotta get a finger as far up there as you can and feel the consistency of what's inside, as close to your cervix as possible. At least, that's what I've been doing. Sorry for the imagery.

That's true, I read on ff that when cm is hard to find you're supposed to put one finger on either side of your cervix then pull them together, then pull out. 

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options

Repeat after me:
    There is NO SUCH THING as TMI on TTCAL.

Ok, that being said if you're charting on FF I would just chart what you notice by sticking your finger in there charting what you feel. If you're feeling wet overall, that may or may not be related to arousal fluid (hello!)

You can tell if it's arousal fluid vs. cervical by whether or not it dries up on your finger. If it evaporates/dries - then it was arousal fluid and that doesn't count for fertility (just the baby making fun!) but if it hasn't evaporated, that's your CM and that's when you'd chart maybe watery on FF.

HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • Options
    imageweaslewam:

Repeat after me:
    There is NO SUCH THING as TMI on TTCAL.

Ok, that being said if you're charting on FF I would just chart what you notice by sticking your finger in there charting what you feel. If you're feeling wet overall, that may or may not be related to arousal fluid (hello!)

You can tell if it's arousal fluid vs. cervical by whether or not it dries up on your finger. If it evaporates/dries - then it was arousal fluid and that doesn't count for fertility (just the baby making fun!) but if it hasn't evaporated, that's your CM and that's when you'd chart maybe watery on FF.

HTH!

OOOHHHHHH!!! Thank you for the tip!!! I've been a little confused myself, I never thought about the evaporation thing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 since May 2012 
    BFP#1 6/2/12 EDD 2/17/13 Natural M/C 6/19/12
    BFP#2 10/30/12 EDD 7/12/13 CP 11/2/12 
    BFP#3 11/29/12 EDD 8/10/13 CP 12/2/12 
    BFP#4 12/26/12 EDD 9/7/13 
    1/18/13 HB 140! GROW BABY GROW!

Welcome to the world Little Girl! Born on her due date! September 8, 2013, 7lb 11.8oz, 19.5" long. 

image image

image image

**PgAL/PAL welcome**
  • Options
    I did not know about the evap test. This will make checking CM so much easier. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can also drop it in a little cup of water...if it forms a ball, it's CM!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

imageBootsOrHearts:

This. I only check internally. I'd usually never know what was going on if I depended upon external cm.

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Everything PP's have said, plus I wanted to add that for the past week or so, I haven't had a lot of CM on the panties, but when I check internally, I have had a bunch of creamy CM.  Something I would have been missing without checking.  As I am well into my 2WW (12DPO to be exact) things like this are important to me!

DO NOT BE SHY -- GET A FINGER IN THERE!

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    imageKtrue85:

Everything PP's have said, plus I wanted to add that for the past week or so, I haven't had a lot of CM on the panties, but when I check internally, I have had a bunch of creamy CM.  Something I would have been missing without checking.  As I am well into my 2WW (12DPO to be exact) things like this are important to me!

DO NOT BE SHY -- GET A FINGER IN THERE!

Haha, this! I always check internally. When I have eggwhite, which isn't often, it usually shows up on my undies or on tp, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much! Checking internally is definitely giving me a better idea what's going on. Oh, Ktrue, I spit water out everywhere loling! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"