LGBT Parenting

Which Sperm bank to choose?

What sperm bank have you used and had success / bad experiences with?
1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
2nd FET 6/14/2013
- BPF!!! -
1st Beta:
1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
Second u/s
7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
Third u/s
9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!

Re: Which Sperm bank to choose?

• We used Fairfax because it was local to us, so we didn't have to mess with (or pay for) shipping. There are other recs/reviews in the FAQ thread here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/37230657.aspx

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • We used Pacific Reproductive Services  and had a great experience with them.

They are a bit pricy with shipping and such ...

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • We were very happy with NW Cryobank.  So easy to work with, affordable, and a good selection of donors.  They also made it super easy to try at home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We used the Big Kahuna, California Cryobank. Excellent selection and customer service, and I like their policies (all in line with the recommendations of the American Association of Tissue Banks). 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageleapgirl8:
    We used the Big Kahuna, California Cryobank. Excellent selection and customer service, and I like their policies (all in line with the recommendations of the American Association of Tissue Banks). 

We also use California Cryobank.  I have been very happy with their selection, customer service, and policies as well.  However, 4 of our 5 analyzed vials have been below their guaranteed minimum motile count, so I'm not feeling overly confident about their specimen quality.  Fortunately it doesn't matter as much with IVF -- and hopefully we won't need to buy anymore.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used NW Cryobank. We have nothing but praises to give them. Wonderful customer service, large selection, and will ship to your house so you can try in the privacy of your own home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We worked with IDANT in NYC first, they were fine, but small selection, low counts and no "extra's"

For our last two rounds we used Cali. Cryo. They had good customer service etc. 

None of it worked for us, but that isn't the fault of the banks.

marisa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We went with California.Cryo mostly due to selection of donors of color, specifically my partner's race and ethnicity. They have good standards and customer service. I'm not sure about quality/quantity as we haven't had them analyzed prior to insems.

Best of luck in your decision!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used the Sperm Bank of California and were happy with the products and selection. I like that I could review profiles and interviews up front. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"