Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Ten Things Thursday

I'm borrowing this from one of the month boards my wife is on.  It is pretty simple.  Just list 10 things going on with you this week ranging from baby news, to work stuff, to pretty much anything.

I'll go:

1) My wife told me she felt the baby move a couple of times this week, at 13 weeks.  Makes it feel more real for me, even if I can't feel it for another couple months.

2) I'm glad pre-season football is just about done, I'm ready for the regular season to start.

3) I think I'm one of the few people NOT looking forward to the Labor Day weekend.  My line of work has us work extra hard during holidays, not getting days off, so holidays aren't that big of a deal for me.

4) My wife is down with a cold.  I actually like taking care of her, but hate it when she's sick.

5) I've been doing a lot of work on our son's new bedroom so he doesn't feel like he's being shoved out when the new baby comes, instead he'll be in his room for a few months before hand.

6) My son is supposed to be taking his nap, he's been in the crib for an hour, but I can still hear him carrying on a conversation with himself through the monitor.

7) Today is my Sunday and I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

8) I think there should be 2 dad boards, one for just the dads and another called "Ask a Dad" for the women seeking advice.

9) With Madden coming out this week, I miss my XBox 360, it broke just before my son was born and have yet to replace it.

10) I made my son a blanket tent today and he promptly tore it to the ground in less than 10 minutes.

That is the rough idea.  If it goes well, maybe it'll be a weekly deal.  If this post dies a quick death, call it a failed experiment to liven up the board where it isn't someone asking for a male point of view.

Re: Ten Things Thursday

• Options

1.  I just finished a kitchen project in 2 days...  thought it would take at least a week and one I've been putting off for months.

2.  My new favorite thing that L does is hold her arms out when I go to pick her up or when she wants to be held.

3. I'm accomplishing a lot less around the house now that the European soccer season has started.

4.  on the same note - if there isn't a game I'm interested in, I now have NCAA Football 13 on the PS3 to keep me busy.

5.  ancestry.com has a free preview week on all census info...  in the last two days I've found 8 new relatives and the original spelling of my last name - all from the 1800s.

6.  I've decided I need more social interaction during the week so that I can have adult conversations - now to figure out how to accomplish this.

7.  I'm torn on my wardrobe as I find items for goodwill.  Do I continue shopping for "grown up" clothes or stick to my favorites (sports stuff) now that I'm a SAHD?

8.  I still find myself researching vehicles even though I know I can't look until my truck dies.

9.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to take L geocaching with my since the weather is still decent. 

10.  Hoping to break the 200 pound barrier by the end of the weekend.  It's been about 9 months (at least) since I've seen the scale start with a "1"

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options

1) Brother in law has been here for the past week.  It's gone pretty well.  He is laid back and we get a long.

2) Mother in law comes to town tomorrow.  Should be interesting.  The house will be very full and she is not so laid back.

3) Got the news that work is about to consume my life.  After the holiday weekend I am going to start working weekends for the foreseeable future.

4) Wife is prepping herself mentally to take a pregnancy test sometime this weekend.  It's the first cycle since our loss and I'm not sure how she'll handle either result.

5) I was in a total fog this morning when I stopped to get gas before work.  Accidentally put premium in the car.  Oops.

6) I've been trying to clean out and reorganize the garage lately, but it just isn't going as smoothly as I would hope.

7) Speaking of the garage, I finally got an electrician in to give me an estimate on putting in a couple new circuits.  I am building a new homebrew rig that will be out there and I need power for it.

8) Excited for college football to start this weekend even though one of my teams can't go anywhere (Ohio State) and the other is rebuilding (Cincinnati).

9) Although football is starting my main focus will still be on the Cincinnati Reds. Joey Votto should be back with the team this weekend.

10) Seeing people mention their game systems reminds me that in fact I can play games on my Xbox.  Not sure when I did that last.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageuws22:

7.  I'm torn on my wardrobe as I find items for goodwill.  Do I continue shopping for "grown up" clothes or stick to my favorites (sports stuff) now that I'm a SAHD?

My wife has been on a mission to update my wardrobe over the last year or so.  Most of my really comfortable clothes are gone and replaced with 'adult clothes' as she terms it.

• Options
    1 found the baby's heart beat this after noon

2 ready for summer to be over

3 out if the past ten work days eight of them have had forced overtime to them

4 drove to Syracuse over the weeken to visit my grandma and go to the state fair

5 met a pretty cool couple from my wife's board there

6 holiday weekend means less forced overtime this weekend

7 sleep who needs it

8 i hate Thursdays cause they are my Monday's

9 I get to see my kids this weekend can't wait to see them

10 my wife thinks she felt the baby this weekend can't wait till I can feel it to
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4 Wife is prepping herself mentally to take a pregnancy test sometime this weekend.nbsp; It's the first cycle since our loss and I'm not sure how she'll handle either result.

Sorry to hear about the loss. Just remember that it will happen and all you can do is be there for her
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Today is a very exciting day....the first day of school for our two foster daughters. One is back in kindergarten and the other is headed to 6th grade. 

2. It's going to be so nice to have the girls out of the house during the day until I go back to work. I'm looking forward to having a minute to myself and not having to listen to IClary!

3. Our surrogate ended up in the ER the other day bc of a stomach virus. We are worried about the baby naturally, but think everything is ok.  

4. Last weekend we flew down to OK (we live in Central NY) to be at the 8wk ultrasound and were surprised with a very strong heartbeat of 170 and a second reading of 164. This cuts out m/c chances down to less than 10%, which is something I'm trying to keep in mind after #3 above.

5. I am also a bit worried about finding adult interaction. Right now we think I'll still work when the baby comes, but that might change depending on several factors. This means I need to find a class or league or something to get into. 

6. Our house is a totally disaster after going to the State Fair yesterday and getting things ready for school. I should clean it, but I'm really lazy today.

7. My wife and I took a tour of the Albany area this past weekend and I decided I could indeed live there. It would open up options for me to find a job in my field of Intelligence Analysis for Law Enforcement and my wife could still be a scientist. 

8. I also learned that I would love to live with my back deck overlooking the Hudson River.

9. I am rather annoyed at the foster care system. I wish the kids were actually put first.

10. I'm reading a great book entitled "Lost Girls" about a sniper team. The story rocks, but the grammar is crap. 

***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"