Baby Showers
Options

Had my baby shower!

My baby shower was this past Saturday and I feel so blessed.  As soon as the date was picked I talked with my mom and bought her plane ticket to come in from out of state, however I was very pleasantly surprised when two friends from out of town (three hours away) came out to celebrate and enjoy the weekend with us.

I was beyond overwhelmed with all the baby gear we now have.  I cannot believe how generous people were.  I just finished writing out the 33 thank you cards and got them in the mail today and that is not counting the few that my husband is writing for gifts people have given him at work.  While I have my work cut out for me doing laundry over the next week or two I have such a feeling of love and gratitude that so many people wanted to help us as we start our journey as parents.

The party itself was great.  The games were fun and thankfully not embarrassing to myself or the guests.  Food was perfect, just wish the spiked punch didn't smell so dang good (malibu, pineapple and fresh fruit).  And the cake was incredible.  So cute and tasted amazing.  It was Almond with Raspberry filling, same as my wedding cake.  Yummy.  Smile

image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011

Re: Had my baby shower!

• Options
    Adorable cake! Glad you had a great shower. It's incredible to know how excited family and friends are to welcome you to motherhood!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

I LOVE the cake! It is adorable! It really is great to have friends and family that are so generous. I am so glad you are so happy with the way that everything went and grateful for all of the gifts.

By the way Major Kudos in getting the thank you cards in the mail - that is a feat in itself!! Necessary - but still a pain in the uh... wrist. Literally.

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Adorable cake! Glad you had a blast. And I agree that Malibu smells so good (and tastes awesome with pineapple juice!). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

congrats! Sounds like you had a great time :) and that cake sounds amazing! I'm so jealous!

I can't wait for my shower :) but I still have about two more months!! uuugh!

it's okay though, I'm still having trouble with what to put on my registry 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"