TTC After a Loss
Options

Temp Q

Hey all.... idk if you saw my prev post about my stupid OPKs but the answer i recieved was to temp and it will take the guessing away. I want to do just that but can I start now or do I have to wait until CD1?

Re: Temp Q

• Options

It probably won't tell you much to start mid-cycle, it would be hard to see a temp shift. Woudln't hurt though, you'd get practice at doing it.

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to start now, but the info won't really do much for you if it's not a complete cycle. I made the decision to start temping next cycle too, but AF is 5 days late, so I'm temping for practice until she gets here :)

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemlal78:
    I would start now, you won't get a lot of info midway through your cycle, but it will get you in the habit of doing it.  You will get to "work the kinks out" so to speak before your next cycle starts.

I agree with this. It takes a while to get into the hang of temping, so you might as well practice now when it doesn't matter so much. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    imageBootsOrHearts:

It probably won't tell you much to start mid-cycle, it would be hard to see a temp shift. Woudln't hurt though, you'd get practice at doing it.

this. good luck!

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    imageBootsOrHearts:

This. It's pretty tough to get in the habit of grabbing that thermometer before anything else. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Agree with all of pp...I would add if you are new to charting/temping you may want to read up on FF about it or get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility...it won't help you to temp if you don't understand what you're looking for.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Might I also suggest you take an evening and complete the Fertility Friend Online Charting Course.  It has so much useful information, especially if you're new to the whole thing.  It is well worth the time invested.

Link to Online Course.

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"