Multiples

"Shocking" Sensation??

I am 22 weeks along with our Mono-Di Twin boys. (first pregnancy to make it this far) I have been a little disappointed in the small amount of movement I'm feeling from these guys. I feel a little flutter a few times a day but nothing regular or that I can allow my husband to feel.

The sonogram last week looked good and they are always moving a lot or have changed position from week to week, so that's good.

This past week I have been feeling the occasional jolt that I can only describe as being "shocked" like electricity.  It's different from the flutters and doesn't hurt too much but it does startle me and has woken me up from a sound sleep.

Is this normal? I am thinking maybe pinched nerves or something?  I always manage to wake up on my back which I know is not great...could that have something to do with it?

Re: "Shocking" Sensation??

• That is how I would describe the stronger movements when I first started feeling them. 
    Extended version in my blog, but:
    TTC since 2004
    DX: Azoospermia
    3 unmedicated IUI's, 1 with Clomid - all unsuccessful. Moving on to DIVF #1-BFP 5dp5dt!!! 1st Beta 1/23- 269!! Beta #2 1/26 - 882!!! Beta #3 1/30- 4,250!!! 1st ultrasound 2/10 showed TWINS!!! Found out on May 2nd we are having BOYS!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't feel the same sensation but I was cramping al lot.  I'm carrying mono/di girls.  They check by cervix at 26 weeks and it was trending down.  Be very careful.  I hope they are checking you regularly.  I was checked every 2 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I go every other week as well. Although I'm sure you would agree that I wish it was every week for my piece of mind :-)

Last week was the first time I noticed the tech measuring my cervix during the sono and she said it looked good.

• I request the doctor to check my cervix every time I go because I work in retail and have to stand 14 hours a day.  My cervix look great up until 26 weeks then within 3 weeks it went down to nothing.  Ask them to check just in case.  I was not contracting so I had no idea it was like that.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"