September 2011 Moms
Options

NBR confession.

This is awful.  but I just realized I feel this way, and have to get it off my chest. 

Background: My office is just across town from the courthouse.  It's about a 15 minute walk, but we generally give each other rides to and from court, just because it's nicer to have a ride than to walk across town in a suit and heels, and parking is impossible over there.  It's also kind of nice to get out of the office for 10 minutes if you're the one driving.

My confession: I take some satisfaction in saying no when someone asks me for a ride to court.  My friend/CW just asked me if I could drive her and her two witnesses to court this afternoon, and I had to say no because the carseat in my car is in the way for me to drive three people.  But I was secretly happy that I had to say no, even though I feel guilty about feeling that way.  If it were her and one witness, I would've done it and not thought twice about it, but having to say no made me sort of happy.  Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR confession.

• Options
    imageSusieBW:

This is awful.  but I just realized I feel this way, and have to get it off my chest. 

Background: My office is just across town from the courthouse.  It's about a 15 minute walk, but we generally give each other rides to and from court, just because it's nicer to have a ride than to walk across town in a suit and heels, and parking is impossible over there.  It's also kind of nice to get out of the office for 10 minutes if you're the one driving.

My confession: I take some satisfaction in saying no when someone asks me for a ride to court.  My friend/CW just asked me if I could drive her and her two witnesses to court this afternoon, and I had to say no because the carseat in my car is in the way for me to drive three people.  But I was secretly happy that I had to say no, even though I feel guilty about feeling that way.  If it were her and one witness, I would've done it and not thought twice about it, but having to say no made me sort of happy.  Embarrassed

eh, i get it. Its nice when you legitimately can't help someone out when your not really feeling up to it. The fact that you would've if you could've makes up for any relief you feel for not being able to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"