Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

PUPPS after pregnancy...

LO is a week old and I just now got PUPPS. Well it started a few days ago. It's everywhere. Any suggestions for relief? I've tried an oatmeal bath and hydrocortisone...how long does this last??

Re: PUPPS after pregnancy...

• Options
    I had it during my pregnancy and now occasionally get itchy. I am 11weeks post partum. It gets better. I also noticed that my skin in general was VERY dry and I had to buy a stronger lotion. Keep slathering lotion on every 30 min and try not to scratch. Don't take very hot showers Luke warm so your skin doesn't dry out more. I noticed relief after 4 weeks.
  • Options
    See if you can get a rx for TAC 1% cream. Also, weirdly enough aloe, lidocaine, tea tree oil sunburn gel helps mine more than anything.  You might try grandpas pine tar soap too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get yourself to a dermatologist ASAP! Mine refused to go away until I started prednisone (sp?). I'm so sorry you're dealing with it. I had it with my first ds and I was terrified of having it again this time around, even though I knew you only get it once.
  • Options

imagejudahsmommy1:
    Get yourself to a dermatologist ASAP! Mine refused to go away until I started prednisone (sp?). I'm so sorry you're dealing with it. I had it with my first ds and I was terrified of having it again this time around, even though I knew you only get it once.

Not true, this is my second time having it. My derm said my is most likely caused by a progesterone allergy and I will have it with every pregnancy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"