Babies on the Brain
Options

Pertussis...just great

My DCP called me a little while ago to say that a little girl at the neighboring daycare was just diagnosed w/ Pertussis.  The 2 daycares do a LOT of stuff together.  This little girl was vaccinated, but got it anway.  DD is vaccinated, too.

My DD just got over a 2 1/2 day fever with no other symptoms and now I'm all paranoid by Dr. Google and also my co-worker because his son had it a few weeks ago, but never actually had "the cough".

I'm borrowing trouble, right?  DD only had the fever and not really a cough to speak of, so I'm just being all "crazy", right? 

Re: Pertussis...just great

• Options
    I hope your D is ok.  I don't think you should worry too much, but a healthy amount of caution is in order.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    You are probably worrying for nothing, BUT, if it were me I would call my pedi and just explain that she might have been exposed to pertussis and had a fever for a few days--just see what they have to say. It can't hurt.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehuskymomma94:
    You are probably worrying for nothing, BUT, if it were me I would call my pedi and just explain that she might have been exposed to pertussis and had a fever for a few days--just see what they have to say. It can't hurt.

My thoughts exactly.  I would definitely give the pedi a call, just so they're aware, and raise the fever symptom to them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMs5586:

imagehuskymomma94:

My thoughts exactly.  I would definitely give the pedi a call, just so they're aware, and raise the fever symptom to them. 

Thanks ladies...I will give them a call on my lunchbreak today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"