Multiples

Hitting a wall...

It may not be "the" wall, but I had a breakdown last night. I am already as big as I was with my singletons, and I have at least 12 weeks to go. I'm sort of terrified that the pain and size will actually officially kill me. I'm just not sure how to explain to my DH that there is no such thing as "overdoing it." Just "doing" anything leaves my sciatica a mess, my belly sore and my poor body exhausted. I'm tired of feeling like a whiner, but after 3 pregnancies, I'm already very tired and my body feels sick of pregnancy. Wrapping things up with multiples feel like I'm being so cruel to my body! 

Maybe it's just hormones? 

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hitting a wall...

• I have 2 weeks to go and trust me I'm dying too.  It hurts to roll over or to walk to the bathroom.  I am getting my tubes tide because I refuse to go through this again.  I'm so paranoid I also want my husband to get a vasectomy.  I really can not go through another pregnancy.  I wish you the best since you have 12 more weeks to go.  I hope you are able to rest and not work.  I'm on bed rest so at least I can crash during the day when I can't sleep at night (which is every night).
  • I'm sorry. (((HUGS))) I don't know if this is typical but for me from about 20 weeks on, I would find that I would hit a wall, then things would get better for a week or two, then I would hit another one. It was kind of like with my body/belly developing so much faster than with a singleton, it would take some time for my body to catch up and adjust to what was going on so it would get easier again for a little while and then harder again. I didn't hit *the* wall till about 34w though (and I really couldn't walk those last 4 weeks of pregnancy; even just walking to the bathroom I'd end up doubled over in painful contractions.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • I could have written this myself. I've never been pregnant before, and I KNOW things are going to get worse for me, but I just feel like this week has been a mess. I'm 26 weeks with 3, and trying to eat a gestational diabetes/vegetarian diet and I feel like CRAP! I meet with a GDE tomorrow, and I'm so excited to possibly learn how to not feel this way. I. Need. Fruit. and Juice. 

I told MH that I wish I could prestretch my belly somehow, so it didn't hurt so bad as they grow, lol. I of course want them to be healthy, and I'm beyond thankful to have them, it's just not been a good week for me either ( and I don't even have any other kids to look after as you do!)

I hope things improve for you! 

xoxoxo 

4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • On some days, I'm right there with you! This is my second (and hopefully last) pregnancy, but it really is SO different than being pregnant with a singleton. I'm 26w4d and at times I wonder how the heck I'm going to make it another 11ish weeks (I'm just going off 38 weeks knowing it may not go that far). Then the next day, I'll be feeling completely fine, energized and ready to clean the house top to bottom or walk a couple of miles on my treadmill. I find that I feel worse when I eat big meals (which I tend to do b/c apparently I have no self control when I'm hungry) and don't drink enough water. I've been diligent about trying to eat smaller portions and drink a lot as I get bigger and bigger. Hang in there! It's hard now, but at least we both know that once it's over, it'll be forgotten quickly!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I felt like I hit the wall super early too.  Then at 34 weeks I didn't see how I could make it any longer (and then I delivered a week later and felt guilty for thinking that!).  Give yourself a break!  Especially since you have 3 other little ones to take care of!  I only had 1 to manage while I was pregnant and that was hard!  Hang in there and rest when you can!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • (((Hugs))) I am right behind you! I squeal in pain when I stand, when I sit, when I roll over in bed...when I breathe... I lost it with my DH a few nights ago and told him that as grateful as I am that we've gotten this far, I would love to be able to get up off of the sofa without feeling like I am going to fall apart at the vagina. This is my fifth pregnancy, and hopefully my third and fourth take home babies.

I am doubtful that it is just hormones, but it helps me to see the ladies on this board who have done this, and lived to tell about it Stick out tongue I hope that you get a good nights rest soon, and find a really comfortable position to sit in!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • :( sorry.  I hit a wall around that time too.  I had my shower at 26 weeks and had a major melt down when I went to find something to wear for it.  Then I got better for a few weeks and then hit a major wall at 32 weeks.  Hang in there.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • I keep adjusting my vitamins.  I had to up my calcium because my teeth started hurting.  I lost 1 tooth with Cathleen I refuse to loose another one. Have you tried taking different pre-natal meds?  I tried a new kind when I first started out and they were horrible.  As soon as I went back to the ones I was on with DD I started feeling better within an hr or so.  Also, check and see if your iron is low.  I have to take 1 iron pill every other day due to the boys sucking me dry lol.. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hit that same wall at 22 weeks and complained on this board about it :) So I completely sympathize! It was extra frustrating, because anytime I'd complain to family about how uncomfortable I was they'd respond with some variation of "you shouldn't be this uncomfortable yet. It's going to get so much worse!" Thanks, guys.

I started feeling a ton better around 24 weeks, though. From 24-28 were some of the least-unwell I've felt all pregnant. Around 28 weeks things got harder, but were manageable. Around 31 I flat out wanted to give up. Now at 34 weeks I'm easing into feeling a bit better. It really does seem to go in phases, as others have said on this thread.

So yes, it does get worse, but it also gets better for stretches in between. So don't despair! I take baths nearly every night and those help, and I've started seeing a chiropractor. I wear ugly but comfortable slippers around the house and just do everything possible to increase my comfort level where I can. Your body needs to be cut as many breaks as possible! You'll get through this!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you so much, ladies! I really needed to hear that this is normal! My eyes are just burning from exhaustion and I feel so lonely where the pain is concerned! The top of my belly just BURNS with pain every time I'm pregnant, and this time is no exception. I just want to walk around the house and not hurt constantly. Ugh. I just want to sleep until December!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started hitting walls every couple of weeks at that point as well.  When I got to 34 weeks I was in so much pain I cried daily and just did not see how I could possibly be any bigger or stay pregnant any longer.  I made it to 37 before I broke down and asked for an induction.  My goal was 38 but I just could not make it. My doctor was happy to induce once I got to 37.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image image
  • imageBananaPancake:
    Thank you so much, ladies! I really needed to hear that this is normal! My eyes are just burning from exhaustion and I feel so lonely where the pain is concerned! The top of my belly just BURNS with pain every time I'm pregnant, and this time is no exception. I just want to walk around the house and not hurt constantly. Ugh. I just want to sleep until December!

I had that burning pain around that time.  It was sooo annoying.  Showed up one day.. and then one day it left :S.  Since I still have 13 weeks left I am soo nervous as to what I will look like at week 38 let alone FEEL like hehe. Hang in there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain.  I just don't know how I am going to keep going some days and I don't even have any other little ones at home.  By the time I get home from work I crash.  I cry almost every day since I can't sleep anymore.  I really want to go another 6-8 weeks but am not sure how I am going to do it.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• I hear ya.  I don't complain too much as it was me who pushed for one more baby and we got two lol.  I work in a child care centre and I even find after singing a short song I am winded.  I do worry from time to time that I just might explode later in this pregnancy, of course I won;t really right?  lol  I feel huge and I still have a long way to go.  

I don't think it is hormones.  I think it is what it is.  Let just hope we don't explode!

Robin

Toodaloos Robin
  • I soo remember those feeling...I thought I would forever have sciatic nerve pain.  Take it easy as best you can.  I can't imagine being pregnant with twins while having other LO's at home.  Try as hard as you can to remember that it won't last forever.
    DSC_0011MOD
    Married since June 2010
    TTC #1 since 04/2011
    3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
    LEEP 05/2011
    ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
    BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
    1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
    16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
    Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
    Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"