Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

diaper rash: what do i do?

my daughter has a bad diaper rash that i never saw before. it started on Saturday morning from a really wet pull up over night. so i started using destin and it still hasn't changed or got better. what should i do? should i call pedi or is there something else that might get it better?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: diaper rash: what do i do?

• Options

have you tried a hydrocortisone cream (OTC)?  I've had to use that on one of DS1's diaper rashes before and it worked great.  My OB even had me use it once on myself when I had some issues down below (yes, TMI--but so you know it's safe).  It's OTC and very low amount of steroid.  I'd give it a shot--and if it still doesn't go away--get to a pedi to rule out a yeast diaper rash infection.

• Options

thanks for the idea i will try today and then if nothing happens by this weekend i will call doctor

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have had good luck with the Boudroux's (sp?) all natural formula of Butt Paste. Also, a homemade mixture of Aquafor (the vaseline-type kind) and regular Malox works great too. You have to mix it together really well into a paste (add the Malox just a little at a time). This mixture was recommended to a friend of mine by her pedi and it has worked great for us over the years.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"