March 2013 Moms
Options

Possible risk for kidney stones.....

My doctor called and said my urine showed crystals that make kidney stones and since I am pregnant they cannot do anything if I get them. The told me to take Citracal Citrate 500 mg 3-4 times a day. I also was told my vitamin D was low and they gave me a prescription for 50,000 IU a week. Has any one else had this happen? I had gallstones so bad that last year they took my gallbladder due to them ripping into my pancreas, and am worried that kidney stones are just as bad if not worse. 

Re: Possible risk for kidney stones.....

• Options

No advice on the kidney stones other than my FIL gets them and they're not fun. 

As for the vitamin D - DH has had that same prescription for a few years now.  I don't know that he's noticed a difference in how he feels but vit d deficiency is pretty common where I live since it is too cold 4 months of the year to just hang out outdoors and there isn't enough daylight during the fall and winter for most folks who don't work outside to get any on their skin.   

• Options

I have chronic kidney stones.  I never had gallstones so I can't compare.  If you drink water with lemon in it, it can help to keep the stones from forming.  If you do get them you can take apple cider vinegar pills to dissolve them.  Some people do worse with kidney stones than others.  When my mom had them, she was in so much pain that she ended up going to the hospital in an ambulance because they thought that it was more serious.  When I had them, I waited over 8 hours to go to the ER because DH was busy with something really important and I did not want to worry him until it was over.

I really hope that you don't get them.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have already had them during this pregnancy.  They aren't fun.....but they eventually go away.(get passed)    Drink as much water and cranberry juice as your body can handle!!!   The more you drink the more chances they have to pass.  Nights were the toughest for me....    I used a heating pad on low.    Good luck...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"