Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Traveling with baby food

Im going to be flying in a few days and taking a bunch of Gerber baby food with me, do I need to worry about them coming open? I'll be checking most of them so I don't want to lose 10 days worth of food. I'll also be bringing a few on the plane with me, what about those exploding?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Traveling with baby food

• Options
    when i flew earlier this month, i packed them in my checked baggage; they were still there and no problems with them opening or exploding... i was a little eerie with the plastic containers with the foil, they didn't explode any more then they do at home on occasion Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If I were travelling with baby food, I'd put each tub in a seperate ziplock baggie, just in case.

Is there nowhere to buy the baby food once you get to your destination? :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pouches are your best friend when traveling so I'd get some of the baby food that comes in pouches. No exploding, no spoon necessary, don't take up a lot of space, easy to feed on the go, etc. 

Also for the carry on, just make sure you let security know that you have baby food in your diaper bag. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We flew recently and some tips: bring extra pouches in a ziploc bag with your carry on. I did this and good thing because we were delayed, you want to make sure you have enough food. Same goes for breastmilk or formula.

Bring extra change(s) of clothes and extra ziplocs in case of explosion as well.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"