Infertility
Options

Stressing... Need ppl who understand

Had a very faint line on Monday and a darker one today..

But now I am convinced that it is not going to stick and I am going to lose this pregnancy again...

I was out on a bereavement day today for my husband's uncle's funeral and my boss and 2 other teachers contacted me during the day about work-related stress.. I officially start back with all of the new common core and APPR protocol mtgs at work tomorrow..

Don't know if I am projecting work on the IVF or the IVF on work but I am losing my mind and can't stop crying...

Anyone else stress after a positive? At what point did you finally relax and just enjoy your news?

Re: Stressing... Need ppl who understand

• Options

I'm sorry you're having a hard time.  I've had a loss and so I know it's going to be harder to be happy and not totally stressed when I do get another BFP.

You might have better luck getting answers to this question on the Pregnant after IF or Success after IF boards though.

(((hugs)))

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    No insights here as I've never gotten a + hpt (yet), but just want to wish you the best - both in dealing with the uncertainty of being newly pregnant and also with work stress. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to wish you GL!!
  • Options

imageLeahB12:
    I was very stressed at work (I was a teacher and it was the beginning of the school year) during my first trimester, so I was convinced I would have another miscarriage. He turned out just fine. You will get through this no matter what happens. Hang in there.

I feel like this is my story exactly.  We had a failure in july and rushed through this August FEt because we never thought it was going to work and needed it behind us so we could start exploring adoption..

Then came the HPT +.. I am not complaining!  Believe me I am thrilled but it doesn't feel real.  It is almost if I am refusing to acknowledge it... because I don't want to crash too hard if it all goes south.. we can't try again..

I am trying to enjoy the moments of happiness we do have but the fear is overwhelming.. thanks for responding.. it is nice to know I am not alone...

• Options
    I don't have any great words of wisdom or advice but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and hoping for the best.  I can only imagine how difficult this must be.  FX for you!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have not gotten a postive (yet) but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck.  I think that your feelings are normal with everything that you have been through.  And I do not want to sound mean but maybe if you talked to a therapist it would help you.  It just sounds like you have so much stress that a professional might be able to help.  Please do not take offense to this.  I have been to therapy before and I just know how much it has helped me.
  • Options
    No offense taken! I think everyone could use a few therapy sessions!  I saw a therapist for the first year of our IF journey... I think she wasn't a good fit for me and I never got up the guts to find someone else.. you are probably right though...
  • Options
    T P to you.
    He@ther
  • Options
    I completely understand!! Once you experience a loss, you are never really the same. What you are feeling is completely normal, please be reassured about that.

I hope your bloodwork gives you promising news and things progress nicely!

Fingers crossed for you!!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options

I felt the same way as you. I had a loss with my fresh ivf cycle, when I got another positive with my frozen I was convinced I would loose it....I still am freaking out inside, even though I am 9 weeks Tom and my first pregnancy was fine with no problems and I never felt this way....I know deep inside it will be ok..my baby has a strong heart beat and it measuring right on track....just relax cause stress isn't good. A positive is a good thing...are you on progrestrone? The first few weeks are hard, but try and get through them as stress free and happy as possible. Be happy your pregnant and take it one day at a time....tell some people you trust, that might help you get more excited and less fearful...my family and friends were so good and positive through all of it,..even when they thought mine may be etopic cause of slow tisbg 3rd beta.....good luck

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDenae'sTTC:

I felt the same way as you. I had a loss with my fresh ivf cycle, when I got another positive with my frozen I was convinced I would loose it....I still am freaking out inside, even though I am 9 weeks Tom and my first pregnancy was fine with no problems and I never felt this way....I know deep inside it will be ok..my baby has a strong heart beat and it measuring right on track....just relax cause stress isn't good. A positive is a good thing...are you on progrestrone? The first few weeks are hard, but try and get through them as stress free and happy as possible. Be happy your pregnant and take it one day at a time....tell some people you trust, that might help you get more excited and less fearful...my family and friends were so good and positive through all of it,..even when they thought mine may be etopic cause of slow tisbg 3rd beta.....good luck

thank you for responding.. yes.  I am on Crinone (vaginal progesterone-YUCK) 2x a day... I am also on estrogen patches and an estrogen vaginal ring...

Right now I am just EXHAUSTED, having hot flashes and I get heart burn if I let myself get hungry.. I also have lower abdominal aching at times...Trying not to stress and just enjoy being PUPO... We really never thought this would happen... We were given very low odds of success and we were planning on moving on to adoption this fall... I can't even process this!

• Options
    imageDenae'sTTC:

thank you for responding.. yes.  I am on Crinone (vaginal progesterone-YUCK) 2x a day... I am also on estrogen patches and an estrogen vaginal ring...

Right now I am just EXHAUSTED, having hot flashes and I get heart burn if I let myself get hungry.. I also have lower abdominal aching at times...Trying not to stress and just enjoy being PUPO... We really never thought this would happen... We were given very low odds of success and we were planning on moving on to adoption this fall... I can't even process this! GL to you!

• Options
    GL to you and stick vibes for your little one!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"