VBAC

(Untitled)

*Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections

Re: (Untitled)

• The idea of walking myself into an OR to have a RCS scares the sh*t out of me more than the small risks of a VBAC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. The risk to my life is lower with a VBAC than with a RCS, and the thought of DD growing up without her mom scares the crap out of me.

2. I want to be able to pick up and care for DD and LO asap after delivery.

3. BFing didn't work out for me with DD. I pumped for 2 months before giving up because my supply was awful and we had to supplement anyway. There were a lot of contributing factors, but I want to eliminate as many as possible to give myself as good a chance as possible at successfully BFing this LO.

4. I want my DH and I to determine together the size of our family and not be told by a doctor that another c/s would be too risky (and if I have another c/s, my hospital does not allow VBA2Cs, so it would only be c/s from there on out).

5. I'd like to at least try to have a vaginal birth experience. With DD I never even got to labor (unplanned c/s due to HELLP).

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • I felt cheated. Long story short my son passed away as an infant and I was so terrified to lose my daughter that I gave in and let my OB do a really needless Csection. Im not going to let that happen to me again.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There were several factors.  I didn't want to recover from a c/s while taking care of a toddler.  I didn't want to undergo major surgery if it was unnecessary.  I knew that both RCS and VBAC carried risks, and I was more comfortable with the risks of the VBAC. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • It's an incrediblly hard decision and good luck when deciding. I contemplated many points before making my decision like recovery and all that, but the emotional side of things is what really made the decision hard for me.

I watched a movie on birth and listened to a panel of "professionals" discuss how when a dog has a c-section they are unable to love thier puppy. Thus, women who have c-sections love thier child less than if they delivered it. OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME! This was the worst thing I have ever heard.  This went back and forth in my mind with me debating what I should do.  If they were right- then I'm a bad mother now because I don't love my son enough. (how is that even possible, he is the light of my world) If they are right, what happens if I DO love my second child more that my first (maybe I should just to a RCS so I end up not loving both of them the same....?) It was a crazy debate of insanity that went through my mind.  I kept reading articles on why c-sections are bad and began to believe it.

When it came down to it, I had to decide why do I want to have a VBAC. The number one reason was I wanted to have a vivid, sobar, realistic memory of my babies first moments in the world. With my first son, I was seeing double, flying high, foot loose and fancy free.  Then he got sent to a nother hospital and I didn't get to see him for 48 hours, I didn't get to hold him for 10 days. Those few moments right away were cruitial in my bonding expierence with my son and all I remember was giggleing because there were two of him. With my second son I can remember joy, disbelief that I was capible of doing it, disbelief that he was healthy more joy, shock that enviroment was so realaxed and JOYFUL.  My c-section was an emergency one so maybe scheduled ones are more relaxed, but I can't imagine a better feeling than holding my little one and breathing him in those first few moments.

After 16 months now, I can definately say that I dont love one child more than the other. I wont deny that there are days when one is better behaved than the other, but I love them so incredibly much you can't tell which way they were born. Thier births are completely different and they are completely different, but they are what fills my heart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"