Eco-Friendly Family

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    My OB offers jellybeans or a large peanut butter and honey sandwich for those who do not want to do the glucose drink or cannot keep it down. I went ahead and took the glucola, though, because I kept it down and didn't know about the other options until after. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My MW allows you to opt in or out of the test.  Everyone does a urine sample which is tested for many things, including sugar levels.  If you have elevated levels on that twice, they do suggest that you try the glucose test.  But, other than that, it's an option.  I didn't take it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have an alternative, however as some one else who is super healthy and does not consume many simple sugars on a daily basis, this would be daunting.

However as someone whom is also hypoglycemic and basically put herself on the paleo diet to make sure that it doesnt effect her baby/ pregancy, I must say that the GTT is the easiest glucose test I have ever taken! EVER!  Have dinner the night before, maybe a snack at midnight, then make your appt first thing in the morning. Chug the syrup down cold (ice cold!). They say you have to fast for 12 hours, but really if your appt is at 8 and you dont eat after midnight you are fine.

This syrup is also about half the size of the normal glucose tests i have to take, so i had it chugged down in like 30 seconds, and they had options for flavor!  Fruit punch, yes please!

Really this is nothing to be afraid of, it wont affect baby at all, your body will digest it the same way it does any other meal. After the blood draw, i suggest drinking a ton of water, it makes the crazy sugar high gitters go away, and helps you digest the sugars faster. 

• Options

My midwife gave us a 50g carb breakfast to eat that morning and come get tested an hour after.  

It had eggs, toast, Orange juice, milk and i don't remember what else.   

I am gluten free now and when i asked she said they could modify the breakfast.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"