Postpartum Depression
Options

Feeling a bit defeated right now... :(

I was diagnosed with PPD/PPA at 7 months PP.  My terrible symptom was severe insomnia.  WORST TIME OF MY LIFE...EVER!  Anyway...I'm on 3 different meds that have been helping me a lot.  I started weaning off of one of them at the beginning of the summer.  I was on 600mgs and now I take 50mgs of it.  Serequel is the drug.  On Saturday I weaned down to 25 mgs and for the last several nights my sleep has kind of sucked.  I was soooooo excited to get off this...thought it was going to happen very soon!  Now I think I am going to have to go back up to the 50mgs for a while :(.  Feeling a little defeated right now.  Especially since I haven't even attempted to wean off my other two meds.  Anybody else experience anything like this with weaning??  Man...I just wish that PPD/PPA would go away super fast...why does it have to linger around for soooo long.  My DS is 2 now!! Ugh!!
PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: Feeling a bit defeated right now... :(

• Options

Which is the med for sleeping? Maybe you are weaning off of it too fast? I was on Klonopin for a while before having kids and when I decided to stop, I weaned myself too fast and had a lot of trouble sleeping. I had to literally shave pieces off of the pills each week or two weeks.

I'm having problems with PPD/PPA right now and my big problem is also the no sleep. I'm going to start Prozac tomorrow. I hope it helps because I've been taking benadryl at night lately and it makes me groggy during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes all my meds help with sleeping.  I take Klonopin at night and Trazodone, which is an anti-depressant, but it makes you drowsy too.  I am only weaning off the Serequel which is for bi-polar, but makes your drowsy too.  the weaning has been going great so far, but why the problem now, ya know?  Yea the no sleep stuff sucks!!  Hope your Prozac helps you! 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"