5 Weeks Pregnant

Spotting at 5 weeks?

I'm 5 weeks almost 6 and yesterday and today I've experienced ever-so-slight light brown discharge. I think it's too late to be implantation bleeding... is this normal or should I be concerned? Probably concerned if it gets darker or pink, right?

I'm experiencing the "normal" symptoms otherwise: swollen breasts and sore nipples, bloating, mild cramping here and there. I'm just really jumpy because I had an ectopic in the spring. But the cramping I'm experiencing now is more centrally located and less painful than with the ectopic. The spotting now is really light, not the darker stuff with the ectopic.

Gosh this waiting game is the pits. I don't have my first OB appt. until September 26 when I'll be like 9/10 weeks!

Re: Spotting at 5 weeks?

• With my first pregnancy I spotted and everything was just fine. With my second pregnancy I started spotting and it continued to get heavier and bright red, which told me I had miscarried. If it gets to be bright red in color I'd talk to your Dr about it.
  • I know what you're going through. I'm also 5 weeks and today I had very light spotting. The doctor said that it could be just from implantation. I'm hoping that's all it is but I'm nervous.  I'm having blood and levels checked tomorrow.  Keep me posted on what you find out. 
    TTC since April 2012, Type 1 Diabetic and Hypothyroidism BFP#1 -September 1, 2012, EDD-May 10, 2012, MC-October 21, 2012 BFP#2 -February 21, 2013, EDD-November 3, 2013, D&C April 4, 2013 May 2013 diagnosed with blood clotting disorder (Factor V Leiden) IUI # 1-(5/14) monitored clomid cycle (50mg), 2 mature follicles=BFN IUI # 2-(6/14) monitored clomid cycle (50mg), 3-4 mature follicles=?
  • Loading the player...
  • I also had some little pink spotting today, but hopefully that was from my first ob appt. It hasn't gotten pink again...just light brown. Im 5 weeks 2 days.
  • same thing for me too. very light pink spotting on tuesday and again yesterday but more brownish.. did a blood test yesterday n another one on monday, and hoping all is well to us all... will keep you posted.

what worried me was i had the same symptom during my last pregnancy 3 months back that resulted in a miscarriage (blighted ovum). pray it will not be the same this time. i just turn 5 weeks 1 day today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"