Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How many ounces of formula are you feeding?

Im not sure if Im giving to much or too little.....LO is 11mos, she will be 1 on just about 2 weeks. her weight has always been fine according to her Ped.  I generally feed her 24oz of formula per day.  So approx 5-6 oz 4-5 times per day.  I also feed her fruits, protein and veggies with her bottles.

Re: How many ounces of formula are you feeding?

• Options
    sounds perfect
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my DS is 10.5 months and we do 4 6oz bottles, 3 meals and snacks.
    Started TTC - 01/2009 1st BFP - 09/04/09,1st u/s - 10/06/09- no heartbeat seen, D&E - 10/13/09 BFP #2 - 2/12/10, m/c 2/17/10 BFP #3 - 01/03/11 m/c 01/10/11 BFP #4 - 02/21/11 DS born 10/13/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD2 is about the same age as your LO. She is small (5% for weight) and will only take 16-17oz of formula a day, in addition to 3 full meals and snacks here and there. Our pedi recommends 18-24oz/day at this age, so you are right on track. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DD will be 1 on Sept. 17.  She has 2 bottles/day, 6 oz each, so 12 oz total.  Her bottles are when she wakes up and part of bedtime.  She also eats three solid, balanced meals and some snacks every day, and has cow milk with at least one of her meals.

At her 9 month appointment, her pedi said she was something like 86% for weight, and told me to drop her down from the 28ish oz of formula she was eating then to about 18, and told me that formula could be done by the time she turned 1, so here we are.  She had three bottles(total 18 oz)/day until right around her 11 month birthday when we dropped the afternoon bottle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's about the same amount we're giving as well.  He does 6-4oz bottles.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    24 oz each day at 9 months old. 
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    DS is nearly 11 months.  He gets 30 oz. of formula, 3 jars of baby food, and some oatmeal every day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD gets six ounces four times a day. She doesn't always finish every bottle but she usually gets 24 ounces a day.
  • Options
    My son will be one on 9/16. He gets a 7oz bottle when he wakes up, a sippy of formula with lunch, and a 7oz bottle before bed. He usually only drinks a few ounces at lunch, so I'd say he gets about 1618oz of formula a day. He also eats 3 meals and a snack. We plan to start WCM soon...

But he is close to 25lbs, so we are not at all worried about him gaining weight or anything.
  • Options
    We are doing 3 7 oz bottles a day.  We are planning to drop one of them next week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is almost 10 months. We recently dropped her to 16 oz per day. She wasn't always finishing her bottles and we were giving her a bigger one for bed, so I dropped that one to less. She gets 4 bottles, 4 oz each. She eats 3 meals a day and a snack. She's in the 65% for weight at 19.5 lbs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"