June 2012 Moms

A little late...

I know I'm late to the party.  But I was wondering who I would message to get an invite to the facebook group.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A little late...

• The facebook group is no longer accepting new members.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejoleine:
    The facebook group is no longer accepting new members.

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have just had a lot going down in the FB group. We can't bring on any new members right now. Sorry.
  • That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a clique or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of course they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.
  • When you get screwed over by people you thought were good people, it effects how things run. If the OP becomes friends with someone in the group and we get to know her on here, things may change. I am not just going to add people I don't know anymore. It's not a clique at all...we just need to know who people are so we don't have another Allison/Alicia issue.
  • imageGismo123:
    That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a click or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of course they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

We have had a couple of crazies finally leave the board. Our group is extremely personal, we all have gotten comfortable with each other, and we dont want any outside people to come in that we dont know who could be crazy and would screw with the balance of the group.

Im sorry if you feel like we are a "clique" (a click is a noise that a computer mouse makes) but the entire group has decided to stop accepting new members. Our babies are around 3 months old now. If anyone didn't think to ask to join in the last 8 months, then I think they will live without it now.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageGismo123:
    It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

Actually, it is. 

• imageGismo123:
    That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a click or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

We are actually an incredibly close group at this point.  It's a private group so I'm pretty sure we can dictate who joins.  Thanks for your opinion but since you aren't a part of the group I don't think we will keep it in mind. 

image image image image image image image image
  • imagetara430:

imageGismo123:
    That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a clique or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

We are actually an incredibly close group at this point.  It's a private group so I'm pretty sure we can dictate who joins.  Thanks for your opinion but since you aren't a part of the group I don't think we will keep it in mind. 

There is no difference between getting to know someone on thebump or facebook. They are just different social networks. The way you guys replied to my comment just goes to prove how snotty some of you really are. I can understand not wanting to invite someone who just joined the June group but some people have been on this board since day 1 and all of you are stating just because they didn't jump in on the FB group asap they are sol. Sounds like a bunch of HS drama...I thought we were all older than that.
  • imageGismo123:
    imagetara430:

imageGismo123:
    That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a clique or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

There is no difference between getting to know someone on thebump or facebook. They are just different social networks. The way you guys replied to my comment just goes to prove how snotty some of you really are. I can understand not wanting to invite someone who just joined the June group but some people have been on this board since day 1 and all of you are stating just because they didn't jump in on the FB group asap they are sol. Sounds like a bunch of HS drama...I thought we were all older than that.

It's really more due to the crap that went on with Allison that has made the FB group a little gun shy. And I would say the very huge difference between TB and FB is that FB is a LOT less anonymous, so a crazy person could do some very real damage to members if she chose to do so. Yes, it is a good possibility we still have crazies in the FB group, and unfortunately, nothing can be done about that unless a crazy slips up. The majority of the group, however, expressed they would feel more at ease if we control membership from here on out and don't allow new members. The majority rules. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow... ok. I guess that makes sense, but thats too bad, I am not new to this board just haven't been super active until recently when life has finally settled down. Didn't mean to start any drama, I really had no idea.
  • imageTRN87:
    wow... ok. I guess that makes sense, but thats too bad, I am not new to this board just haven't been super active until recently when life has finally settled down. Didn't mean to start any drama, I really had no idea.

You have a PM =) 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • It is absolutely nothing against you. If you are more active and people get a good feel for you then it may be different. We have just all been very hurt recently and people who weren't affected by it just don't really understand. We really aren't a bunch of b!tchy people. I promise. We do some really great things over there and many of us have become IRL friends. We are all just a little afraid now and the wounds are very fresh.
  • imageReginaLV:
    imageGismo123:
    imagetara430:

imageGismo123:

It's really more due to the crap that went on with Allison that has made the FB group a little gun shy. And I would say the very huge difference between TB and FB is that FB is a LOT less anonymous, so a crazy person could do some very real damage to members if she chose to do so. Yes, it is a good possibility we still have crazies in the FB group, and unfortunately, nothing can be done about that unless a crazy slips up. The majority of the group, however, expressed they would feel more at ease if we control membership from here on out and don't allow new members. The majority rules. 

this exactly! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGismo123:
    imagetara430:

imageGismo123:

Honestly, if someone didn't want to join or get to know us during the 9 months we were pregnant but instead waits until our babies are 2+ months old.. And conveniently asks to be added right after a "drama" post about the FB was made.. it makes us all wonder WHY she now wants to join.  Maybe it is "high school" ish of us to not want to let someone join this late in the game, if that's how you feel then so be it.  But yeah, we are an exclusive group and we've chosen as a group not to allow any new members right now.  If you can't deal with that, then I don't honestly care.   

• imageGismo123:
    That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a clique or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of course they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

Also: 

08-08-2012 at 12:05 PM
    Gismo123
    Not Ranked
    Joined on 10-02-2010
    31,224 Points
    Gismo123 is online. Last active: 08-29-2012, 6:25 PMBronze
    image JessieCupcake:

image HeyThereGoodLookin:
    Jeez, wtf happened? Apparently I missed it.

I missed it too. I think sh!t went down in the FB group. There's a post about it on BOTB:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67863214.aspx

And this is why I didn"t want tp join the FB group. Sooooooooo freaking glad I didn't....you can't trust people.    

Yet you now want us to trust some random person who has shown no interest in us until now?! Riiiiight.

• imageGismo123:
    That's pretty messed up...I really don't want to be part of the FB groups but you guys are acting like it's a clique or something. I say anyone who is a June mom should be accepted....pending of course they aren't crazy. It's not some all exclusive club for cryin out loud.

Well it's a good thing it's not your say, and for that matter how do you regulate not allowing crazy people in? We didn't know that A&A were nuts and because of that we decided as group to not take that risk, especially with pictures of our children and home locations.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I use to be part of the FB group but left when the crazy stuff went down. I'm glad they have the crazies out and they have every right to not randomly let people join. It's not an open group and really doesn't have any thing to do with the nest anymore. I don't see why random people now want to join. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Where the hell can I find some more badges???
  • Wow...that seems kind of ridiculous. It's not random people asking, it's other June moms. I guess maybe I don't understand since I'm not part of it, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to include other moms with babies the same age.

I had considered asking about joining recently as well. I didn't ask before because I feel like I need a support system of people with babies now, and I didn't feel I needed that when I was just pregnant. Especially because none of my friends have babies yet.

Guess its a good thing I didn't ask.

• imagejoleine:

imageGismo123:

Also: 

Gismo123
    Not Ranked
    Joined on 10-02-2010
    31,224 Points
    image JessieCupcake:

I missed it too. I think sh!t went down in the FB group. There's a post about it on BOTB:

And this is why I didn"t want tp join the FB group. Sooooooooo freaking glad I didn't....you can't trust people.    

Yet you now want us to trust some random person who has shown no interest in us until now?! Riiiiight.

Uhh....this makes no sense....I already stated I didn't want to join the FB group and never would.  But in hypothetical talk if I "wanted" to join I would think since I've been on the board since day 1 that people would be ok with it.  I'm an active poster and not someone who hid in the shadows and only lurked.

But anyway back to the point there are other people like the poster above who have been here since day 1 and might not at the time felt comfortable in joining but now maybe they do and you're crucifying them for not asking to join sooner.  You guys are lashing out at me like I'm attacking you personally...I'm not and you guys can have your little FB group and not invite anyone else in it and it won't affect me one bit. 

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on how messed up it is to punish everyone for the actions of 2 psychotic ladies.

• Wow... friendly.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageKerrieH6:
    Wow...that seems kind of ridiculous. It's not random people asking, it's other June moms. I guess maybe I don't understand since I'm not part of it, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to include other moms with babies the same age. I had considered asking about joining recently as well. I didn't ask before because I feel like I need a support system of people with babies now, and I didn't feel I needed that when I was just pregnant. Especially because none of my friends have babies yet. Guess its a good thing I didn't ask.

I agree completely.

I am a reasonable human being, and I completely understand the reasons wanting to keep the group closed now seeing what you have said.  It just bugs me a little that my motivations for joining are questioned.  I have gotten to know people here throughout the 9 months of my pregnancy and the 2+ months of my child?s life however I was not a super active poster since day one, maybe because I am not a super talkative person IRL. I contributed to posts I felt I had something to contribute to and asked questions/sought out advice when I felt it was warranted.   My husband and I recently moved, and I made a tough decision to take a year off of my career, so I don?t have a ton of adult contact in this new place.  I have been finding myself going to the bump a lot to find friendship from ladies who get what I?m going through and have been trying to contribute more on the posts so people have a chance to get to know me as well.  But I realized the board wasn?t as active as it once was, and I recall reading somewhere that the Facebook group had really become the place where a lot of the ladies here gravitated to.  So I asked for an invite.  It was for no other reason than to get more involved.  I accept that the group is now closed and I am by no means begging for an invitation at this point, I just felt I needed to defend myself.

• imageKerrieH6:
    Wow...that seems kind of ridiculous. It's not random people asking, it's other June moms. I guess maybe I don't understand since I'm not part of it, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to include other moms with babies the same age. I had considered asking about joining recently as well. I didn't ask before because I feel like I need a support system of people with babies now, and I didn't feel I needed that when I was just pregnant. Especially because none of my friends have babies yet. Guess its a good thing I didn't ask.

I agree with this. 

I usually stay out of drama...especially the A&A thing, but I wanted to give my two cents.

I have been apart of the June group since the day I got a positive test and posted regularly. Decided like Gizmo that I liked to keep things private and not join the fb group. However, I can certainly understand wanting that support system AFTER having a baby as opposed to when you are pregnant.

As women we all need support at different times when we get pregnant, become mothers. I think it is terrible that you are going let an accident like Allison beat you like that and completely shut out any new person who has an interest in getting to know you. I agree that you should have your guard up, but some of these women asking to join the fb are just looking for companionship just like you were in our early days. It was pretty obvious from the get go that Allison was...well for lack of better terms...different (and not mention incredibly rude). Yes it is terrible and disgusting what happened. But, it doesn't mean that everyone else who wants to join is coming in with the same intentions.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think at some point new members will be welcome but right now I think we are just a little bit scared to let new people in.  It's certainly no offense to any of you.  You may have posted here from day one but that doesn't mean I know you.  In the fb group we share everything.  We are very close.  Many of us share personal stories and seek support for very personal situations.  We just had an issue with someone sharing some very personal information with someone outside the group.  We are not trying to be a clique or leave anyone out.  We just have a good thing going that has almost been torn apart a few times in the last month.  I think we just want to let the dust settle for a bit.
  • I guess its just me but I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of the FB group...seems drama filled.
  • imagedrbethc:
    I guess its just me but I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of the FB group...seems drama filled.

I wish more people would stick around here. I swear we're nice! :]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJessieCupcake:
    imagedrbethc:
    I guess its just me but I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of the FB group...seems drama filled.
    I wish more people would stick around here. I swear we're nice! :]

I ended up delivering in May so I joined a May moms FB group, but I liked this board too (even after the mass exodus to FB) that I still come here too. We are nice! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imageGismo123:
    imagejoleine:

imageGismo123:

Also: 

Gismo123
    Not Ranked
    Joined on 10-02-2010
    31,224 Points
    image JessieCupcake:

Uhh....this makes no sense....I already stated I didn't want to join the FB group and never would.  But in hypothetical talk if I "wanted" to join I would think since I've been on the board since day 1 that people would be ok with it.  I'm an active poster and not someone who hid in the shadows and only lurked.

But anyway back to the point there are other people like the poster above who have been here since day 1 and might not at the time felt comfortable in joining but now maybe they do and you're crucifying them for not asking to join sooner.  You guys are lashing out at me like I'm attacking you personally...I'm not and you guys can have your little FB group and not invite anyone else in it and it won't affect me one bit. 

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on how messed up it is to punish everyone for the actions of 2 psychotic ladies.

Are you completely dense? YOU said you didn't join the FB group because you can't trust people.  Yet you're getting on our case because we don't want to allow new members because we're not trusting that they won't be crazycakes.  What in this equation doesn't make sense other than you? 

• I'm on this board a lot now due to closeness in LO ages and it makes me wish I had my baby in julymy due date instead of barely in junethe 30th because that board is wayyy better. This one is all drama and petty hs crap especially this super private FB group. Why don't y'all just all stay on FB and off TB since obviously communicating with the public is below you?
    Go the eff away y'all are stuck up and no better than the people you keep talking crap about.
    "we're just scared to let people in" what a bunch of crap. That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard.
  • imagekainvaden:
    I'm on this board a lot now due to closeness in LO ages and it makes me wish I had my baby in julymy due date instead of barely in junethe 30th because that board is wayyy better. This one is all drama and petty hs crap especially this super private FB group. Why don't y'all just all stay on FB and off TB since obviously communicating with the public is below you? Go the eff away y'all are stuck up and no better than the people you keep talking crap about. "we're just scared to let people in" what a bunch of crap. That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard.

This! Thank you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"